News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi110, No dial tone recieves calls but no audio

Started by naomi, September 12, 2016, 10:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naomi

I have a obi110 with GV.  My phone suddenly has no dial tone, will recieve calls but there is no audio. Light is solid green and internet is working fine. Any ideas?
Thank You

drgeoff

Try plugging in a different phone.

A powered OBi ATA should give dial tone even with nothing plugged into its ethernet jack. If it does not, there is a hardware fault. ATA, PSU, phone or phone cord. Probably not the cord in this case if the phone rings.

naomi

Thank You. I don't have another phone on hand but the phone is a two line phone, the other line going to a landline, and that is working fine. So i imagine its not the phone. I guess time for a new router then?

drgeoff

Quote from: naomi on September 12, 2016, 01:28:57 PM
Thank You. I don't have another phone on hand but the phone is a two line phone, the other line going to a landline, and that is working fine. So i imagine its not the phone. I guess time for a new router then?
1. Can't you do a test by swapping over the two lines into the phone?

2. Did you write "router" in error or are you really under the mistaken impression that a new router will fix the problem?

3. Have you tried power cycling tthe OBi110? And if still getting nowhere you have little to lose by a factory reset. https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/How-to-Factory-Reset