Obi200 - when receiving calls, callers cannot hear me. Works when calling out.

Started by estus, October 01, 2016, 01:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

estus

This is something that's popped up in the last week after having no issues for months. Seems consistent regardless of restarting the Obi200 or my router where anyone calling in can't hear me while I can hear them but if I call out we can both hear each other just fine.

I'm using an Obi200 with Google Voice for my main telephone number and a CallCentric number for 911. I'm not sure if there's a star-code that could've been entered to cause this or if there's any obvious things to try, but I'm at a loss so far. Obi200 is on most recent firmware.

Dexter202

I have the exact same setup with my obi202. 

The inability for the caller to not hear me seems to have happened to me after we had a power outage!!!   However  this problem is intermittent but seems to increasing in frequency.  The next repeat phone call from the same person / source after hanging up will be totally ok.

Then, yesterday 10-18-16, I got this recorded message when trying to call out:

"Google voice error.  If you changed your google account password, log into obitalk.com and change it there as well"

So now I can"t call out.

When I log into Obitalk, I get this message:

"Your obi device is currently using an old or invalid @gmail password for connection to Google. 

Please click <OK>  to access the Google service settings then enter and submit your current Gmail password.

Your Obi device will restart with the correct password and connect to the Google Service"

I have not followed these instructions yet because I am researching these topics on this forum, on searching with google  , and searching on obitalk.

Steve,  please help!!!

SteveInWA

Please don't cross-post.

Log into your Google Voice account on your laptop/desktop web browser and go to this page:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones

Make sure that you see the exact two words, "Your number" on the left side of the page, and not "Access number" and not "Get a Voice number".  Make sure that there is a check mark to the left of Google Chat.  Leave this browser tab open.  Click Ctrl-T to open a new tab in the same browser.

Log onto your OBiTALK account.  Select your OBi device.  Delete the SPx that currently holds your Google Voice number.

Click on the SPx again, and follow the instructions to set up Google Voice.  When you get to the page that wants you to confirm you are setting up the correct Google account, be darn sure that the Gmail address it displays is the same one as shown on the Google Voice tab.  Complete the setup and test it.

Dexter202

Steve,

Thank you for your help.

Just want to tell you about re-authorizing my google password on obitalk.  So I logged on obitalk using google.   Then I clicked on sp1 configured with google voice.   This brought up the popup allowing me to re-authorize the device with google voice.  It took maybe 2-5 minutes for this to complete.

On another topic, I hope this problem can be tracked down, since it has happened to me:
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31018149-CallCentric-Google-Voice-Callcentric-G-729-missing-audio

Dexter