News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200 setup for Google Voic with 2-factor authentication... Help Please

Started by DSRS, October 01, 2016, 08:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSRS

Hello,

My GV for an account that has 2-factor authentication was enabled was working fine on my OBI200 device. I tried to change something. (Add a second GV). The second GV could not be added, but even the first is broke. Now I cannot figure out how to add the first back.

I went through the steps to add and Google authentication goes through. But it OBI keeps trying to configure and connecting to some IP address.

Can someone please help me with instructions on how to add GV that has 2-factor authentication enabled.

Also, is it possible to have 2 GV on a single OBI?

Thank you

SteveInWA

Google Voice two-factor authentication is fine, and it will not interfere with, nor stop you from setting up Google Voice on an OBi.  The new OBi<-->Google Voice authentication method exchanges secure tokens with your OBi, after you log into your own Google account.  The OBi itself, never logs into the account, so it doesn't know nor need your password, nor 2FA.  You are instead giving the OBi permission to use the Google Chat service on your account, via the encrypted access token stored on the device.

You cannot do this from the OBi's local web page interface; you must use the OBiTALK web portal.

Carefully read and follow my instructions, here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

An OBi 200 can be configured with up to four different Google Voice accounts, on SP1 through SP4, respectively.

The key to success is to be sure you are logged into the correct Google account, when performing the procedure in my link.

DSRS

Thank you Steve. It worked. For whatever reason when I initially tried everything went through and it kept saying connecting .... an IP address. I assumed it did not work. And after I left alone for some time it started working. Thanks for your help and respose.