News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PhonePower star codes overlap Obi star codes

Started by jtkboston, October 21, 2016, 03:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtkboston

I just set up new service on an Obi 200 with PhonePower.
Looking through the docs for the Obi and for PhonePower, I noticed that some of the star codes overlap for different features.
Is there a way to pass through star codes from Obi to the PhonePower service?
E.g. Obi *60 is call forward on busy, but on PhonePower direct it is selective call rejection

azrobert

Assuming Phonepower is defined on SP1 and SP1 is your primary route, use OBi Expert to add the star code to the ITSP A DigitMap. Each rule is separated by a vertical bar and can be placed anywhere within the DigitMap.

Service Provider -> ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap

jtkboston

So if I understand what the digit map is going to do is recognize the rule as a complete number and pass the digits/characters to the service provider instead of interpreting the code under the Obi feature list.
That would let me replace the Obi feature with the PhonePower feature.
Is there a way to define a translation where I could use something different and have the Obi rewrite it before sending to the provider?  Something like seeing #60 and converting that to *60 to the provider?

Edited to add: I found the digit map tutorial http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi-DigitMapCallRoute-Tutorial-v1-1.pdf, that will do the trick to rewrite, thanks :-)

azrobert

If you want to keep the OBi star code function there is several ways to do it.

You can change the OBi Star Code *60 to another number like *59
The Star Codes are found here:
Star Codes -> Star Code Profile A

You can setup a Speed Dial like this: sp1(*60)

You can use #60
The following will only work if SP1 is your primary route:
Add the following to ITSP A DigitMap after the beginning parenthesis:
<#60:*60>|*60|

Explanation:
Routing an outbound call is a 2 step process.
The Phone Port DigitMap validates the dialed number.
Rule (Mpli) will include the rules in primary line's DigitMap.
If the dialed number doesn't match a rule, you will receive a fast busy.

If the dialed number matches a rule in the DigitMap the phone port outbound call route will route the call to the primary line using rule {(Mpli):pli}

The Phone Port DigitMap processing rule <#60:*60> from ITSP A will change #60 to *60

The Phone OutboundCallRoute needs *60 in the ITSP A DigitMap to route the call correctly.

jtkboston

Here's what I ended up doing:

In the PHONE 1 port DigitMap, I added "#xx" as a valid number
In the PHONE 1 port OutboundCallRoute, I added this to convert #xx to *xx when passing it to SP1 (PhonePower):
{(<#:*>xx):sp1}

So now #xx goes to PhonePower star codes, *xx goes to OBi star codes.