News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to setup Obi1062 for Dialpad

Started by keera, October 27, 2016, 10:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keera

Hello. I'm wondering if anyone can help me with my problem. So I have an obi1062 and I want to connect it with my Dialpad. Unfortunately, after following the guide from Dialpad, I still can't connect my phone. Exactly, how do I power the phone? should I connect it to the wifi? connect the cables? etc. Please consider me as a newbie at this.

drgeoff

Are you referring to https://help.dialpad.com/hc/en-us?

Can you provide a link to the guide you have been following?

Suggest you connect using ethernet cable at least to begin with.

SteveInWA

Where did you get that 1062 phone?  Did you buy it retail from Amazon, Newegg, Fry's, etc, or is it from eBay or Craigslist, or ??

If it was purchased at retail, it would have come with an AC wall power adapter and an Ethernet cable.  If DialPad supplied it to you, they may have sent it without the AC adapter, because the unit is also sold for large-enterprise installation to be powered over the Ethernet cable (PoE).  If you did get it from DialPad, I have to believe they would provide setup help.

keera

Thanks for the replies. I've been waiting whole night last night.

Ah yes. Included in the box an ethernet cable and a power adapter. I'm following this guide from Dialpad help.

https://help.dialpad.com/hc/en-us/articles/211425743

How do I power. So I got the ethernet cable. Were should I plug it? which port on the phone and which port on the pc or router? What's the purpose of the adapter?

Also, so following the guide. I'm already here at the last part with the **number and pin. How should I continue? Pick up the phone press **number phone rings, enter the pic phone rings again. Then phone reboots. Is this correct? And how do I know if I successfully did the installation?

SteveInWA

Seriously?

A Capuchin monkey could figure it out.  There are several jacks on the phone.  The power adapter cord's round plug goes into a jack on the phone.  The Ethernet cable plugs into a jack on the phone.  You can't possibly do it wrong -- each jack is shaped differently.

keera

As I told you I'm new to this. It's my son's phone and he just left me with it. There are two jacks PC and SW, which of the two and where should I plug the other end?

drgeoff

Quote from: keera on October 27, 2016, 11:18:12 PM
As I told you I'm new to this. It's my son's phone and he just left me with it. There are two jacks PC and SW, which of the two and where should I plug the other end?
Ethernet cable between the SW jack and one of the LAN jacks on your router.

But if you are already not knowing what to do, that doesn't bode well for your chances of getting the phone configured and working.

keera

Thanks for all the replies. After reading a couple of articles I figured out why the phone doesn't connect. Ports needed to be open for the phone to connect. I read that not everyone needs to open the ports, but in my case I did. Phone working fine now.

Leeman78

What port do you needed to be open??????

drgeoff

Quote from: Leeman78 on November 29, 2016, 10:15:15 PM
What port do you needed to be open??????
Why do you think that you need to have some ports open?  Give full details of your setup, the problem, the symptoms and whatever troubleshooting you have already carried out.