News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Centric w/ multiple SIP devices connected?

Started by Ember1205, November 04, 2016, 08:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember1205

I have my Obi110 up and running quite fine under most conditions.

The other day, I added an extension to my Call Centric account and tied it to a SIP client on my iPhone. Then, I configured the Call Treatments options to forward calls to both extensions at the same time. Seemed to work when I tested it...

Since that point, my iPhone never "rang" on an inbound call to the GV number (which forwards to CC) and the Obi never made the house phone ring either. Additionally, I would get a "Welcome to Call Centric, please enter your PIN" message when I would try to call the GV number.

Has anyone set anything like this up successfully? Basically, what I would like is for my cell phone to ring via the SIP Client (ZOIPER) at the same time the house phone rings via the Obi. Both should be authenticated to Call Centric.

Please understand that this is the setup I need. I can't do it another way.

Thanks in advance.

azrobert

In your Call Treatment did you accidently route the call to Calling Card?

I tried routing a call to Calling Card and received message "Welcome to Call Centric, please enter your PIN".

Ember1205

Well, that's a tough one to give a good answer to.

When you opt for Simultaneous Ring, "Calling Card" is the default second option (after the various extension / number choices). So, you technically can't -not- route it to the calling card.

Since the calls should originate from dialing the GV number and being forwarded, it should fall back to voicemail. I had set the ring time to 20 seconds, and maybe that was too short.

Still, the ultimate problem was that trying to use two different SIP clients (the Obi as one and ZOIPER as the other) resulted in BOTH clients disconnecting, not ringing, and no calls going through at all. Picking up a handset and making an OUTBOUND call seemed to re-connect the Obi for incoming calls again (even though outgoing and incoming use different services).

Taoman

Quote from: Ember1205 on November 05, 2016, 07:25:13 AM
So, you technically can't -not- route it to the calling card.
You can also choose fax or busy tone in the drop-down box. Keep in mind that a busy tone is early media so if forwarding from GV the caller would just hear ringback tone until GV voicemail answers the call. My guess is if you were to change call treatment from Calling Card to busy tone at least your OBi would ring.

Quote from: Ember1205Since the calls should originate from dialing the GV number and being forwarded, it should fall back to voicemail. I had set the ring time to 20 seconds, and maybe that was too short.
Since you want GV voicemail to pick up if no answer your call treatment ring time should be greater than 25 seconds.

Quote from: Ember1205Still, the ultimate problem was that trying to use two different SIP clients (the Obi as one and ZOIPER as the other) resulted in BOTH clients disconnecting, not ringing, and no calls going through at all. Picking up a handset and making an OUTBOUND call seemed to re-connect the Obi for incoming calls again (even though outgoing and incoming use different services).
I am confused by your terminology. In the OP you use the word "authenticated" and here you use "disconnecting." In order for your SIP client endpoint to receive a call it must be "registered." Do both your OBi and Zoiper specifically say they are successfully registered to Callcentric?

Keep your simulring call treatment but remove the forward to your iPhone. Try an incoming call to your GV number and see if things work as expected. If so, that points to Zoiper as being the problem.

If you haven't done so already, configure Zoiper to use TCP instead of UDP and see if that makes a difference. I'm guessing the issue is Zoiper is "sleeping" and isn't responding to any SIP packets so the call treatment immediately defaults to the alternate Calling Card route causing neither device to ring.

Ember1205

Authenticated should be Registered in terms of terminology. The ZOIPER client showed Registered even though it would not ring.

I wasn't home when the problem arose, and by the time I got in front of a computer it had been corrected. So, I don't know what the status was that was shown on the Obi.

The Call Treatment "rings" two extensions. One is the Obi and the other is the ZOIPER client. There is no "forward to iPhone".

The CC message playing was almost certainly the result of my having the ring interval set to short since I had it at 20 seconds. Calling the GV number didn't send you immediately to the CC message - it took about - yep, you guessed it - 20 seconds (even when ZOIPER wasn't ringing).

I do not see a way to change the ZOIPER client to TCP as that setting is grayed out with UDP selected.

azrobert

When this problem occurs again, check in Callcentric if the clients are registered. On main page under Extensions it shows the number of extensions defined and how many are registered. The clients might think they are still registered, but aren't.

Did you manually configure Callcentric or did the OBi auto-configure the trunk? If you manually configured, CC recommends keep-alive.
http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/obihai/obi202

Taoman

Quote from: Ember1205 on November 05, 2016, 09:57:35 AM

The Call Treatment "rings" two extensions. One is the Obi and the other is the ZOIPER client. There is no "forward to iPhone".
Right. Wrong terminology. I meant ring your Zoiper extension.

Quote from: Ember1205The CC message playing was almost certainly the result of my having the ring interval set to short since I had it at 20 seconds. Calling the GV number didn't send you immediately to the CC message - it took about - yep, you guessed it - 20 seconds (even when ZOIPER wasn't ringing).

And even though it rang for 20 seconds your OBi didn't ring at all? What does your CC call records show? Is the call being routed to the correct extensions as expected?
Quote from: Ember1205I do not see a way to change the ZOIPER client to TCP as that setting is grayed out with UDP selected.
Unfortunately I don't use Zoiper so I can't be much help. Perhaps deleting the config and starting over would allow you to choose TCP? Found some posts saying when Zoiper was configured using UDP on an iPhone and wasn't the "active" app it would "sleep" and not respond to SIP packets. Changing to TCP apparently allows iOS to "take over the TCP connection."

QuoteWhen using TCP, Zoiper will hibernate and iOS will take over the TCP connection, will reply to TCP keep alives and will not wake up the application unless a SIP message is sent to zoiper.

http://community.zoiper.com/238/zoiper-work-background-shown-background-screen-clocks-better

Ember1205

I see no way to change from UDP to TCP in the app.

I see all of the "missed" calls in CC, and digging deeper into logs and such, they actually DID reach the house (Obi device). So, it appears that my issues are actually:

- ZOIPER won't keep the connection alive in the background on an iOS device and I can find no way to switch to TCP

- I had the ring duration set wrong in the Call Treatments which was resulting in getting a message from CC instead of ending up in the GV voicemail system

Ember1205

One question still...

I believe the CC setup was done via the portal with little input from me (credentials). How do I check the keepalive setting? All I can find is something called KeepAliveInterval which is set to "0" (disabled?).

Ember1205

I tried Linphone and was able to switch to either TCP or TLS - both resulted in the SIP client not being able to connect. ZOIPER might be blocking access to the TCP setting because it maybe doesn't work with CC?

Taoman

Quote from: Ember1205 on November 05, 2016, 11:27:29 AM
I tried Linphone and was able to switch to either TCP or TLS - both resulted in the SIP client not being able to connect. ZOIPER might be blocking access to the TCP setting because it maybe doesn't work with CC?

Perhaps you are correct. I was unable to get my OBi to register with CC using TCP. I was going by this page:
QuoteProtocol = UDP or UDP/TCP

http://www.callcentric.com/faq/9/226   I guess I don't know what "UDP/TCP" really means.

If so, I would recommend you set the keepalive settings that azrobert referenced.

In Advanced Configuration on the Obitalk web portal, go to:
Voice Services-->SPx Service

Set the 2 parameters as Callcentric suggests. You must uncheck both boxes to the right of the respective fields in order to be able to edit them. Once edited, save and submit.

azrobert

On the OBi use OBi Expert

Voice Services -> SPn Service
X_KeepAliveEnable: Checked
X_KeepAliveExpires: 120

These settings fixed my problem of losing registration to a different provider. I used 60 for the expiration.

Ember1205

Keepalive was not enabled for SP2 (CC), so I set it to Enabled and used 120 for the interval. I'll monitor and see what comes of it.

Thanks.