News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

is obi100 usable

Started by RHX852, November 07, 2016, 10:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHX852

I resurrected an old obi100 to give to someone.  Is the 100 a viable solution for a few years or would buying an obi200 be better?

What is the current firmware for the obi100?
the OBi2-latest.fw at 11,927,928 fails to update but OBi110-1-3-0-2886.fw loaded and I can make incoming and outgoing calls using google voice.

Also I've set it up and tested it on my home network,  will the setup easily transfer and work when I move it to a new location ? (The ISP, modem, and router will ALL be different)

SteveInWA

Depends on how you define "viable solution", I guess.  Yes, 2886 is the current (and final) firmware build.

As long as it's working, then a free OBi is better than no OBi, or buying a new one.  If/when it dies, recycle it.

If you want to give it away, be sure to first delete the device off of your OBiTALK web portal account, and then factory-reset it, or the next user won't be able to assign it to their account.

vtsnaab

Old Obi1xx boxes are still great as ATAs.
(I'd love to find a couple of unwanted ones to get 2nd hand for use on SIP instead of GV !!)