News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Getting obi110 to ring once each ring on sp2

Started by Buzzy, December 23, 2016, 07:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzy

My answering machine is picking up too soon with the dual ring on SP2. SP1 is fine as it has only one ring/incoming ring How can I make both sp1 and sp2 ring only once for each incoming ring?

drgeoff

/Voice Services/SPn Service/X_Ringprofile.  Set the SP2 one to be the same as is currently set for SP1. And lower down that page ditto for X_DefaultRing.

You can customise what the specific 10 patterns in each profile are at /RingSettings/Ring Profile A (or B)/.  Consult the Admin Guide http://www.obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide#_Toc367543113 if you want to know the syntax and values.

azrobert

Normally, when you share a phone port with a fax, SP2 is set to double ring. The fax is then setup for Distinctive Ring to answer only on a double ring. Now the fax won't pick up on an inbound SP1 call.

X_RingProfile= A and X_DefaultRing=3 is a double ring.

Buzzy

THANK YOU!!   :D
I could not get the SP2 to stay in A like SP1, it always came back B after rebooting, but I was able to change the ring profile 1 in B to be just like A, and both lines now ring once.  I just use this like a home phone, no fax or other extras wanted, my own answering machine is what I want storing messages.  Now it's PERFECT!  Hope it stays...  ??   ;)

drgeoff

Quote from: Buzzy on December 23, 2016, 11:20:08 AM
I could not get the SP2 to stay in A like SP1, it always came back B after rebooting,
Sure you are not changing things via the device's local web GUI but still have OBiTALK provisioning enabled?