News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 and IPKALL

Started by mfratella, August 04, 2011, 05:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfratella

Could someone please lead me through step-by-step on how to configure the OBI110 with IPKall/IPSorcery?

Thanks!!

RonR

Assuming you want the OBi to register with Sip Sorcery using SP2/ITSP Profile B:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : sipsorcery.com

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (sipsorcery.com username)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (sipsorcery.com password)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

Assuming you want an IPKALL DID to ring the OBi directly:

IPKall -> SIP username : (anything)

IPKall -> Hostname or IP address : ipaddress_or_hostname:port

where ipaddress_or_hostname is your public IP address or a hostname resolving to your public IP address and port is : 5060 = SP1 / 5061 = SP2 (the selected SP1/SP2 must be configured for SIP).

You may have to forward ports 5060 -5061 and 16600 - 16998 to your OBi in your router.

mfratella

So, I don't need any of the IPKall info?

RonR

To be honest, your original post wasn't very clear what you want to do.

mfratella

I set up a SIP Sorcery account and then got an IPKall number.  I want to just use my IPKall number with the OBI100.  I assumed the SIP Sorcery account was needed, but maybe not.

RonR

The IPKall number can ring the OBi directly as I described in the second half of Reply #1.

mfratella

so this is the Sip Sorcery username?

where ipaddress_or_hostname is your public IP address or a hostname resolving to your public IP address and port is : 5060 = SP1 / 5061 = SP2 (the selected SP1/SP2 must be configured for SIP).

This is my IP address from Comcast/ISP?  Or is it the one that IPKall told me the calls would be coming from?What if they told me the calls would be coming from 2 possible IP's?

You may have to forward ports 5060 -5061 and 16600 - 16998 to your OBi in your router.

How would I do this?  Just enter the address of the OBi in the router setup?

RonR

Quote from: mfratella on August 05, 2011, 01:23:07 AM

so this is the Sip Sorcery username?

You can use anything for the SIP URI username.  The OBi ignores it, so it doesn't matter what you use.

This is my IP address from Comcast/ISP?  Or is it the one that IPKall told me the calls would be coming from?What if they told me the calls would be coming from 2 possible IP's?

This is your Internet IP address as assigned by your ISP.  If your assigned IP address changes frequently, you may have to use a dynamic DNS service like dyndns.org.

How would I do this?  Just enter the address of the OBi in the router setup?

You would have to consult the documentation for your router for specifics, but you would be forwarding these ports to the OBi's local LAN IP address.

More information can be found here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=895.0

drpeterchjr

I set up my router for port forwarding and IPKall's SIP address pointing to my IP address at port 5061.  I tried calling my IPKall number, and I get a busy signal.  I don't think my Obi202 is set up correctly.  I am trying to set it up on SP2.  Can anyone provide more detailed settings on the Obi device?  Any additional settings I should do on the Obi202?  The SP2 status says "Not Configured."

ianobi

No need to post more than once!

drgeoff

Quote from: drpeterchjr on April 17, 2014, 08:15:07 AM
I set up my router for port forwarding and IPKall's SIP address pointing to my IP address at port 5061.  I tried calling my IPKall number, and I get a busy signal.  I don't think my Obi202 is set up correctly.  I am trying to set it up on SP2.  Can anyone provide more detailed settings on the Obi device?  Any additional settings I should do on the Obi202?  The SP2 status says "Not Configured."
For what you are trying to do, you don't configure the OBI202 to IPKall and there are no settings required on the OBi202.  Try using port 5060 on the address you have entered on IPKall's web page.  5060 is the default so just delete the ':5061' you have there at the moment.

How exactly are you determining the URL or dotted quad address you are entering at IPKall?