News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

DigitMap rules in ITSP B not working in ITSP A

Started by illicit, September 03, 2017, 04:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drgeoff

I think it would be more accurate to say that the OBiLINE has been discontinued and the OBi212 has replaced the discontinued OBi110.

ProfTech

To Illicit: I was wondering about freephoneline.ca. Do they only process calls to Canadian area codes? If so then you need a map for that and you would need to make adjustments otherwise. I was thinking they would process all calls and you only wanted to use Google for backup and for international calls. Sounds like you're on the right track though.  8)

illicit

Quote from: ProfTech on September 05, 2017, 03:23:21 PM
To Illicit: I was wondering about freephoneline.ca. Do they only process calls to Canadian area codes? If so then you need a map for that and you would need to make adjustments otherwise. I was thinking they would process all calls and you only wanted to use Google for backup and for international calls. Sounds like you're on the right track though.  8)

They process calls beyond just CAN but they charge for those. I have FPL just for CAN calling as only CAN is free.

One more question to you gurus:
I have our buzzer line call our home phone right now. Is it possible to have it ring and if unanswered simultaneously ring 3 other numbers (using SP1)? Sequential calling is okay too but simultaneous is preferred so someone picks up and no one has to wait for it to ring others preceding them. Is this at all possible? Or should I setup a call forwarder number with another service and have that ring the Obi and other cell phones?

azrobert

Problem #1
It appears FPL only supports 2 channels. See following 4 year old post:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28854951-Freephoneline-channels

GV also supports 2 channels, so you can send 2 calls to SP1 and 1 to SP2.

Problem #2
The OBi has a forward option when a call is unanswered, but I believe it only will forward to one destination. There is a hack that will solve this problem, but YOU will have to test it.  I can show you how. I tested this hack before, but never with the forward feature. I assume it will work.

You can route inbound calls simultaneously to 4 destinations.

You can forward the call to GV and have the 3 numbers defined as forwarding numbers.

illicit

Problem #3
I have the following to dial out to Nomorobo to avoid telemarketer/spam calls. So that is using one channel. It comes to incoming 1 + outgoing (Nomorobo) = 2 in use.

SP1 X_InboundCallRoute:
{(MBlocked):aa},{ph,sp1(18667326184@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com;ui=$1)}

I'll probably have to use GV to dial out to the forwarding numbers (2 is okay out of the 3).

Should I use SP1 InboundCallRoute to dial out with GV?

I can't forward when a call is unanswered (unless you can make it conditional based on who is calling) because my phone does answer to leave a voicemail. So calls will never go unanswered.

azrobert

Is this for calls from the buzzer? How are you getting the call to your OBi? Does the call have a CallerID?

illicit

I'll check sometime today but the buzzer makes a local call to the Obi. And yes, I just need the forwarding for the buzzer calls.

azrobert

Quote from: illicit on September 05, 2017, 11:24:37 AM
I have a buzzer phone for the apartment and it rings a hard line that has no service, can I use the OBiLINE adapter to link it with the Obiai? I've read the website and I don't understand what FXO is but I presume my line is a PSTN or POTS?

I thought this meant you have a phone plugged into a wall jack and the buzzer rings that phone. You wanted to purchase an OBiLine adapter to connect your OBi2xx to the wall jack. Did you buy an OBiLine or an OBi212?

Line Port inbound route:
ph,sp1(phone#1,sp2(phone#2),sp2(phone#3)

or

The buzzer calls FPL or GV's inbound phone number.

SP1/2 inbound route:
{callerid:ph,sp1(phone#1,sp2(phone#2),sp2(phone#3)},.................

You need 3 open channels to initiate the calls. After the 1st destination answers the call, the other calls end so you only use 1 channel.

illicit

The buzzer used to ring through the hard line but I changed the behavior with the management. It can dial out to any number. So I have it dial out to the Obi. Sorry I didn't update you guys regarding this. No need for an OBiLine.

I'll try the inbound route later today. It should work.