News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Low Receiver Volume and Echo

Started by DKCollins, August 08, 2011, 07:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKCollins

I am using obi110 with google voice and a land line. I have the default set in which all calls except for 911 are routed though google voice. I have received complaints from the people that we call that they can't hear us. Sometimes I have to call them multiple time in order for to get a connection that is acceptable. I have also heard distortion and echo from the caller side. I have set the ChannelTxGain on the phone port to 10 which hasn't seemed to help. I would appreciate any info that anyone has to correct this. Let me know if you need for details on my settings etc (most are the defaults).

Thanks,
Dustin

RonR

If you have the OBi updated to the latest firmware, ChannelTxGain on the PHONE Port sets the level of what you hear in the handset, not what the distant party hears from you.

If you call the same party from your Gmail account, do they have the same problem?

DKCollins

RonR,

Yes I do have the last firmware (assuming 1.2.1 is the latest). Thanks for the clarification. I'll try setting the ChannelRxGain on the PHONE port to 10 and see if this helps. It just seems strange that it takes multiple calls in order for others to get a connection in which they can hear me. I would expect the volume to be consistent for each call, otherwise something else seems to be the issue. So if I raise the ChannelRxGain to 10 are some calls going to be super loud while others are normal? When I use Google Voice directly without obi110 everything is fine. I've been doing it that way for a while before I bought the obi110 a couple months ago without any issues.

RonR

The latest firmware is v1.2.1 (Build 2384).  ChannelTxGain and ChannelRxGain were reversed in builds prior to 2289.

If you're sure it's not Google Voice, that's a good start.  If you haven't verified it recently, it might be a good idea to do so.

Have you tried a different telephone connected to the OBi PHONE Port in case it's the telephone that has the problem?

Once you've eliminated all other possibilities, then it's probably the OBi that's at fault.