News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice Incoming Calls

Started by madhavarao.sanka, February 01, 2018, 08:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhavarao.sanka

Hello,
I have recently purchased ObiHai 200 and configured it using a Google Voice Number. But, something weird is happening. I am able to make outgoing calls but not able to receive incoming calls through the same phone handset.
Any ideas or suggestions to help me resolve this issue ?

Thanks,

kroq83

Look in to google voice profile.
google voice  do not disturb.

I got a old andoid phone working on hangout app and found out about  do not disturb.

drgeoff

Quote from: madhavarao.sanka on February 01, 2018, 08:46:33 PM
Hello,
I have recently purchased ObiHai 200 and configured it using a Google Voice Number. But, something weird is happening. I am able to make outgoing calls but not able to receive incoming calls through the same phone handset.
Any ideas or suggestions to help me resolve this issue ?

Thanks,
The most common reason for this is newcomers failing to tick the 'Google Chat' box as a forwarding destination. https://www.google.com/voice/b/0#phones

madhavarao.sanka

@kroq83
I checked the settings in Google Voice and the "DoNotDisturb" is not checked.

@drgeoff
This is something I read about. But, I am not sure if the settings got updated, but I am not seeing such an option in the Google Voice Settings. The only forward option I am seeing is, "Forward to Linked Numbers".

Thanks for your replies. Please let me know, if there is something else I should be looking at/for ?

drgeoff

Quote from: madhavarao.sanka on February 02, 2018, 06:14:04 AM
@kroq83
I checked the settings in Google Voice and the "DoNotDisturb" is not checked.

@drgeoff
This is something I read about. But, I am not sure if the settings got updated, but I am not seeing such an option in the Google Voice Settings. The only forward option I am seeing is, "Forward to Linked Numbers".

Thanks for your replies. Please let me know, if there is something else I should be looking at/for ?
If the link I gave you doesn't take you directly to that page you need to use the 'Legacy GV'.

Click on the 3 vertical dots as shown in attached screenshot gv1. That will bring in a new menu on the left hand side.  Click on 'Legacy Google Voice'.  On the extreme right, near the top click the cogwheel icon and then click 'Settings'.  If not already selected click the 'Phones' tab. Ensure the 'Google Chat' box is ticked (and any other phones you want the calls forwarded to.)

madhavarao.sanka

Thank you very much @GPz1100 for the direct link.
And thanks @drgeoff for the detailed step up step instructions. That worked for me.