News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Started by DocFlash, December 24, 2018, 09:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocFlash

I just got my OBi200 yesterday and was able to add my device, but get this message when I try to set up Google Voice:

"Firmware upgrade needed.
Cannot upgrade ********* since it is offline. Please try again when it is online."

I have rebooted and removed and reinstalled the device to no avail. I tried upgrading the firmware manually but get a message saying:

"Firmware Update Failed.
Firmware package checksum error.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.

sakingesq

I am having a similar issue. I have upgraded the firmware and it is showing:

3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX)

But when I try to set up GV I get this message:

Firmware upgrade needed.
Cannot upgrade xxxxxxxxxxx since it is offline. Please try again when it is online.

Can anyone help?

bobafatcat

I just got my Obi200 today and I'm having the exact same problem.  By the looks of it, the Obi200 status is green and is alive and well.  When I try to click on the "Google Voice setup" button, it'll give me the blurb about no emergency services, and when I click accept it'll pop up a message with the same message as the OP got.  Checking the firmware on the device it shows the following version:

3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX)

edit: From the looks of it on the forum quite a few people are having this issue.  What the heck?  I was running an Obi1xx box for many years and with it disconnected, it definitely shows as "Offline" in my obi account, while the Obi2xx is status green.

x200

Same problem here. Just tried to set up my new obi200 and it gives me this message. Hopefully customer care is listening.

When I dial *** with option 6 it says I have latest firmware.

Here's the screenshot where it complains about updating firmware.

knucklehd

Same exact problem here too. Searching old Google posts results in people saying the error just went away after a few hours to a day or so.  Odd way to resolve. I'm Just going to wait and see what happens, nothing else I can try. Good luck.

knucklehd

Now working, took around 2 hours. I did nothing, it fixed itself.

DocFlash

Quote from: knucklehd on December 24, 2018, 07:34:45 PM
Now working, took around 2 hours. I did nothing, it fixed itself.

Yep, mine is working too without doing anything different. All's well that ends well, I guess.

InfidelSpartan

Ive been receiving the same error since I plugged it in about an hour ago.

HardwareVersion: 1.4
SoftwareVersion: 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX)
SystemTime: 14:29:41 12/25/2018, Tuesday

I guess the only thing that has seemed to work for anyone is to wait?

SaiRRK

The time taken is based on the Auto provision option to update periodically. Change it to System Start and reboot your device. You should able to add GV immediately after that (No wait needed)..  :) Follow attached screenshot for help.

x200

OK it finally worked. Took just a minute to finish GV set up. So something was definitely wrong on obitalk's side.

If you are seeing this problem it might be worth to check SaiRRK's solution.

Glad it worked well.

InfidelSpartan

I was finally able to get it to work. I did try SaiRRK's suggestion and it worked on the second reconnect. Now I am working on getting GV to connect and not have errors. This has not been as cut and dry as everything I read about it suggested.

YellowDye

I have the same issue.

Purchased Obi200 from Amazon, it arrived today.

It has the latest firmware installed. Obit20 has all green service lights on.

Added Obi200 to my Obitalk account.

Problem: Obitalk shows unit offline.

I have rebooted, added/deleted it from Obitalk and no luck.

YellowDye

Can't do anything because it says the device is not online. However, that can't be really true because Obitalk (online portal) is pulling the Obi200 serial number and MAC address.

yelper

I received my Obi today 12/28/18 and tried everything in this thread and nothing has worked. I've rebooted four times already after each suggested change and nothing. This is worse than my magic jack it seems.

WJsmall

I have a 5 year old 202 that suddenly also shows off line.  Timing with a router upgrade is suspect, but nothing else has issues.  I am able to access the box with the local IP, but the portal shows grey and offline.

I've assigned a static IP to the OBi, and set the auto provision for OBI and ITSP to "on startup" and rebooted.  No change.

I have dial tone, but "no response from service provider" when dialing out.

Checking other OBi202 boxes (at different locations and ISPs) show they are online, so I don't want to give up thinking this is a systemic problem.

Has anyone found resolution?  I hate to spring $10 for support, only to be told it's on their end (or a hardware failure of my box).