News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google voice stopped working

Started by PsuFan, January 26, 2019, 08:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsuFan

Anyone else having problems with google voice? Was using obi1062 phone with google with no problems. All the sudden stopped working, tried the DNS fix, didn't work. Also have a obi202 using a different google voice account, it doesn't work either. Can make call to the echo test or obi call to the 202/1062.

I don't get any message making call. Nothing happens, forever. obitalk website says "Connected" to GV on both devices. Tried obi202 at different location, didn't work. Although it uses the same ISP.

SteveInWA

I have three Google Voice numbers.  All three numbers are configured on four OBiTALK devices.  All work fine for inbound and outbound calling.  Nobody is reporting this symptom on the Google Voice help forum.

You mentioned trying the "DNS Fix".  There is various, conflicting advice on this.  Perhaps you made a mistake in the changes.  You should set your device's DNS to DNS1=8.8.8.8 and DNS2=8.8.4.4

PsuFan

I did change my device's DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. It did not resolve the issue.

I cannot resolve my devices SIP ProxyServer "obihai.sip.google.com". They are also both set to ProxyServerPort 0.. NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH OutboundProxy and OutboundProxyPort which are set to obihai.telephony.goog/443. Can you send your settings?

Can you give me any other troubleshooting steps? I get no errors or anything. My "SP1 Service Status" has all zeros all the time.

I even made a hotspot on my phone, connected via wifi on the 1062 and still had no GV. Made an obi call tho lol... (turned a desk phone in to a mobile phone because I used a 12v battery pack to power the 1062 because I was using PoE and didn't want it connected to the network!)

drgeoff

Quote from: PsuFan on January 27, 2019, 07:35:54 AM
I cannot resolve my devices SIP ProxyServer "obihai.sip.google.com". They are also both set to ProxyServerPort 0..
Both those sentences are normal.

PsuFan

Okay, do I need to have a linked number (and have it forwarding) on my GV account for my obi to work?

Edit: I factory reset the 202, the device didnt leave my obi account. Tried to configure GV, "Configuring" forever, then "Service not configured"

Quote from: SteveInWA on July 11, 2018, 07:39:57 PM
Your OBi device needs to be running the latest build of the firmware, which, as of today, is 3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX).

How did you get 3.2.2? I'm running 3.2.1 and it says its the latest.
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

drgeoff

Quote from: PsuFan on January 27, 2019, 08:06:32 AM
Okay, do I need to have a linked number (and have it forwarding) on my GV account for my obi to work?
No.

Suggest you delete the OBi from your dashboard, reset the OBi, add it back to dashboard and configure GV.

PsuFan

Roger roger (lol just watched ep1 last night).

- Accidentally downgraded firmware using this [blank] [blank] url https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/How-do-I-automate-upgrades
- Manually upgraded to 3.2.1 via https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0
- Removed device from account
- Factory reset
- Added Device with GV setup
- Device rebooted 57 times and upgraded to the factitious 3.2.2 (5921EX)

The 202 is now working! Thank you, I've spent hours. Anyone know what the factitious firmware version for the 1062 is? I'm running 5.1.10 (Build: 4808EX.1311). The reason I'm calling them factitious is because all official postings call 3.2.1 the "latest" version. Even the obitalk panel doesn't "Exclamation mark" 3.2.1.

PsuFan

I knew this wasn't my problem... My 202 definitely wasn't on the latest "Polycom" firmware... My local device control panel has been completely updated. Anyone who hasn't updated to the latest firmware wasn't able to connect to GV. Now I have to convince my 1062 to get the polycom update too.

PsuFan

This all could have been avoided if someone would post the actual up-to-date version numbers. I tried multiple times to upgrade on the devices and they claimed they were all up-to-date. As well as all the information online. My obi1062 downloaded a magical 5.0.11 after being re-added to the obitalk panel. All 1062 devices running 5.0.10 cannot connect to GV. My 1062 didn't get a Polycom update yet...

drgeoff

My 1032 is on 5.1.11 (4858EX.1311)

SteveInWA

This all could have been avoided

This all could have been avoided if you hadn't made a mess out of things by fiddling with settings on your device, and just set it up properly to begin with.  There are NO expert-mode / custom settings required for Google Voice to work.