News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 died...maybe

Started by fwunder, December 20, 2018, 11:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fwunder

OBi 200 w/GV, about 18 months old, has worked pretty much flawlessly until this AM. Software: 3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX). Unit attached to lan port on Google WiFi puck which tests fine.

Dialtone, but..

"No service available to complete this call"

OBitalk dashboard showed GV offline. Deleted and reconfigured GV. Dashboard showed "configuring" forever.

Deleted device and started over. Factory reset (***8, 1) followed by ***1 which returned IP followed by echo test which returns, "No service available to complete this call".

Tested ethernet cable. Accessed Obi directly via webpage and manually set DNS servers on a hunch. Still, "No service available to complete this call".

Support suggests unit is dead.

You folks got more suggestions?

Thanks!

fwunder

Replying to myself. May help others.

A strange, but easy fix. For some strange reason, the problem was Google WiFi and DHCP.

After many months, I set a DHCP reservation for the OBi200 and the problem went away.

Thanks for listening!  ;)

WJsmall

Could you provide a bit more detail on what you did?  I have the same symptoms (grey icon on portal and offline).   I have tone, but no service.  I have my OBi set to a static IP address (outside my DHCP pool), and have set the auto-provisioning of the OBi parms and ITPS all set to "on startup".

At a loss.  Box is on latest firmware, but out of warranty since 2013.