News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google fi not working where google voice does work.

Started by viking, December 29, 2018, 09:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viking

Hi all, I switched to google fi using a number that was previously google voice.  My obi is not currently working with the google fi number, but still is working with a second google voice number.

I believe it did work for a while (but I'm not 100% certain on that).

I'm now getting a "Connect Failed: 403 Forbidden".  I refreshed my credentials with google and it didn't help.

Any ideas?  Many thanks.

Sheffield_Steve

So you ported your Google Voice number to Google Fi?  If so it won't work, just as it wouldn't if you ported it to AT&T.

Quote from: viking on December 29, 2018, 09:11:30 AM
Hi all, I switched to google fi using a number that was previously google voice.  My obi is not currently working with the google fi number, but still is working with a second google voice number.

I believe it did work for a while (but I'm not 100% certain on that).

I'm now getting a "Connect Failed: 403 Forbidden".  I refreshed my credentials with google and it didn't help.

Any ideas?  Many thanks.

viking

Not exactly,

Actually, as I think more about it, I'm certain it's the other way around. It was a regular cell phone number. I also had a Google voice number. I had to move my Google voice number to a different Google account. Then I ported my old cell phone number into Google fi on my primary Google account. Subsequently I set it up so that both worked with obihai. So it was only after porting it in that it did work. I'm certain it was that way for many months although I typically use the obihai with the second Google voice number (IP landline) rather than the Google fi number (which I used mostly as a cell phone number except when my cell phone was inop).

So I'm revising my statement above. I'm 100% certain it was working and that it is now not working. Does that change your response in any way?

So in summary it has stopped working on Google fi but continues to work on Google voice.  I did not make any changes for this to occur. It's possible that's Google fi changed or else for some reason the current credentialing is not working with Fi.  I apologize for the inaccuracy in my statement in the original post.

Thanks,

SteveInWA

Hi Viking:

Google Fi specifically does not support Polycom OBiTALK devices.  You cannot use your device with a Fi number.

See:  https://support.google.com/fi/answer/6159953