News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric SIP Password / 403 Incorrect Authentication

Started by DaveInNC, January 19, 2019, 09:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveInNC

I have Obi202 with GV set up as SP1 (default).
I signed up for Callcentric Pay Per Call, paid fees, etc, and 911 service is shown to be active.
Callcentric Account Portal says I have 1 extension, and "0 extensions registered".
I set up Callcentric in Obi202 SP2.  I checked the 911 box.
Proxy server port: 5060 (default)
Entered my Callcentric 777 number, as it is on my Callcentric account portal.
Entered my Callcentric account password (I use Lastpass--it is correct).
When I press Submit, it says configuration is updated successfully.
I have repeated this process several times.  Every time, back on my Obitalk Dashboard, I see:
"Register Failed: 403 Incorrect Authentication"

What could be wrong here?  I do use a strong password, with numbers, upper and lowercase characters, and some characters as found above the numbers on a standard keyboard.  Is this perhaps causing the registration to fail?  Callcentric is clearly ok with my password.

DaveInNC

I will answer my own question, and this might help someone else.  I still have a question at the bottom of this post.

When I set up my Callcentric account, I used what I'll call "Password #1".

Then, before I set up the Obi202, I changed my password on Callcentric to "Password #2".

Well, when Callcentric auto-filled my "SIP Password" for the Extension, it used Password #1, and it did NOT update that password when I changed the account password.  Since the password isn't visible, it isn't obvious that this is the case.

When copied Password #2 into the SIP Password, and then re-registered the Obi202 again, the registration was successful.

So the Callcentric account password is not the same as the SIP password, which brings up the question:

>>>  Is it a bad idea to use the Account password as the SIP password?  <<<

DaveInNC

Just in case, I set a different password for the SIP extension.  Registration was fine this time; just had to power-cycle the OBI202 to get the registration to appear on the Callcentric portal.