News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 - Can call test call, solid green, but unable to register device

Started by FiosObi100, September 09, 2015, 08:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiosObi100

Good evening!

I have an Obi100 and Fios.  I've connected the Obi and I have successfully made a test call to **9-222-222-222 and my LED is solid green.  I can log into the Obi through the local address, and I have set the DNS server to 4.2.2.2 as suggested in the troubleshooting guide given those factors.

However, I am still unable to add the device to my ObiTalk dashboard.  Any ideas what I should try?  I put the Obi in the DMZ and lowered my firewall settings in a fruitless attempt to resolve this as well, so those options are already in action.

Thanks!

SteveInWA

However, I am still unable to add the device to my ObiTalk dashboard

Why not, specifically?  What, exactly, happens?  What error message do you get, etc?

Is this a brand new device, or one that's been resold or otherwise used?

What is the firmware version installed on it?

You should not have to put the device in the DMZ, nor change any firewall settings at all.  If the device is running the current firmware, (update it manually if necessary), then it should have no trouble being added to the dashboard.

FiosObi100

Ah!  Great questions.

So apparently the issue was that I was using Chrome on windows 10...I switched to legacy IE and it worked :/ 

Thanks for sparking the thought!  I wasn't getting timeout errors before, so that's what sparked the idea.  Thanks!

SteveInWA

That sounds fishy to me.  You may be running a downlevel version of Chrome browser.  It should be at least 45.0, or 46 if you're on the Beta version.

FiosObi100

Yeah I have no idea what the deal there is.  I am running 45.  When I tried to set it up, the timeout counter never advanced, which was weird.  But hey!  It looks like it's working like this now, so hopefully setup goes smoothly from here on :)

Patriot

I had a similar experience -- Unable to add my Obi200 to my Dashboard as a device using the current version of Firefox.  However, as soon as I tried the same process using Opera, it worked flawlessly.  Hence, if one browser doesn't work, try another, before trying all sorts of more complicated troubleshooting.