News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can I allow only specified numbers to reach my landline?

Started by Cel2ic, January 24, 2019, 05:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cel2ic

I just got my obi200, and what I'm hoping for is this:

Allow only specified numbers to go through to my landline, while any unspecified numbers get forwarded to my Google Voice number.

I've been trying to research this, but I keep finding information about forwarding all calls. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction, if this is possible?

Thanks!

drgeoff

Not clear what you mean by "landline".  Do you mean a POTS line and have you an OBiLINE accessory for your OBi200?

Cel2ic

Quote from: drgeoff on January 24, 2019, 05:25:05 AM
Not clear what you mean by "landline".  Do you mean a POTS line and have you an OBiLINE accessory for your OBi200?

Thanks for the response. It's very possible (probable, in fact) that I am under-researched on this. When I had this question in another forum, the ObiHai200 was recommended to me, and I ordered one after some preliminary research.

Basically, I have a landline phone. My understanding was that if I hook the Obi200 up to the phone and router - in addition for setting up Obitalk service - I could use it to redirect calls. I'm not hoping to cut my landline phone bill (as many others seem to do)...I want to keep the landline number, but only allow certa K calls to go through. Other than those specified numbers, I'd like all additional incoming calls to be forwarded to my Google Voice #