News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice recording calls automatically (Cannot be Disabled)

Started by DaveSin, September 20, 2011, 06:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveSin

I have noticed that, for some reason, on some incoming calls, the Call Recording is triggered without either party pressing the 4 key.  The call recording can be terminated by pressing 4.  Google have introduced a new feature some months ago, where you can disable call recording under:

Voice Settings --> Calls --> Call Options --> [  ] Enable Recording (4), Switch (*) and Conferencing options on inbound calls

Although this box is unchecked, using the OBi110 with Firmware 1.3.0 (2532), the Call Recording capabilities are still active.  I have an Asterisk Serer with Asterisk 1.8.5.0 (PBX In A Flash-PIAF) and when using their Google Voice setup, I cannot trigger Call Recording when it is Enable or Disabled under Voice Settings in GV.

Can anyone else confirm that they can engage the "Call Recording ON" / "Call Recording Off" when they press the number 4, whether or not the feature is enabled or disabled on GV Voice Settings?  Has anyone else experienced the issue where the "Call Recording On" is triggered on its own?  It is said that some voices triggered this GV Feature, especially female voices.  In the OBi case this was triggered twice by one specific female caller and one male caller, who happens to be calling from the the same general area of a particular US State.  This automatic triggering of the recording feature only happens once in a while, but occurred twice yesterday!

Why is this feature disabled on Asterisk and cannot be disabled on the OBi ATA?

Dale

I have also experienced sudden GV recording being activated. I think its a GV bug as it is discussed in their forum too.