News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to setup a different ringtone / pattern for each line on OBi1032

Started by seemeobi, August 10, 2015, 11:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemeobi

I've searched through the forums and haven't found anything that has really worked for me or maybe I missed it so I apologize if the answer to this is posted elsewhere but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have 3 lines (SP1, SP2, and SP3) on my OBi1032 and would like to assign different ringtones/patterns to each line.  Is this possible?  If so, what is the best way to go about setting this up?

Thanks for any help.

OzarkEdge

For an OBi202 voice service, SPn, you can select a X_RingProfile and a X_DefaultRing for inbound calls.

OE

SteveInWA

Quote from: seemeobi on August 10, 2015, 11:33:34 AM
I've searched through the forums and haven't found anything that has really worked for me or maybe I missed it so I apologize if the answer to this is posted elsewhere but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have 3 lines (SP1, SP2, and SP3) on my OBi1032 and would like to assign different ringtones/patterns to each line.  Is this possible?  If so, what is the best way to go about setting this up?

Thanks for any help.

Hi:

It isn't obvious, by any means, so don't feel bad.  Refer to the user guide, on page 58:

http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi1000-IP-Phones-User-Guide.pdf?v=2

Pick one of the "Bell" ring tones, not the default "Office" ringtone, because that ringtone's cadence can't be changed.

You would then need to log into the OBiTALK portal, and get into Expert mode.  Then, go to the Voice Service, and select SP2 or SP3, as appropriate.  Change "X_DefaultRing" to 2 or 3, accordingly, and be sure to save your settings.  The phone should reboot in a minute or so.

I haven't tested this lately, so YMMV.  Please let me know if this makes sense, and if it works.

giqcass

It does not seem to be necessary to enter expert mode to do this unless you want to control the pattern via a ring profile.  It even appears you can upload a ringtone via USB.  Although I haven't tried it yet.
Long live our new ObiLords!

giqcass

Quote from: KrisK on April 03, 2019, 07:52:56 PM
How would you be able to do this?
https://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBi1000-IP-Phones-User-Guide.pdf

Load some ringtones on a USB drive and plug it into your OBI IP phone.  It appears to support ".wav" files and ".dat" files.  I don't actually know what other files it supports and the ".dat" files are probably not an audio format. There may be other file types supported but I don't know yet.  I'd suggest testing a few different formats and bitrates.

Start with page 56 of the user guide in the part entitled storage to understand the file transfer process.  There it tells you about how to transfer files from a USB drive to the internal storage of the OBI IP phone.

After that keep reading page 58 tells you how to set ringtones. 

If you plan to use the ringtones you uploaded you can stop here!  Go no further!
In the off chance you want to define ringtones in the advanced menu then use the directions from SteveInWa below. 

Quote from: SteveInWA on August 10, 2015, 01:12:23 PM
Hi:

It isn't obvious, by any means, so don't feel bad.  Refer to the user guide, on page 58:

http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi1000-IP-Phones-User-Guide.pdf?v=2

Pick one of the "Bell" ring tones, not the default "Office" ringtone, because that ringtone's cadence can't be changed.

You would then need to log into the OBiTALK portal, and get into Expert mode.  Then, go to the Voice Service, and select SP2 or SP3, as appropriate.  Change "X_DefaultRing" to 2 or 3, accordingly, and be sure to save your settings.  The phone should reboot in a minute or so.

I haven't tested this lately, so YMMV.  Please let me know if this makes sense, and if it works.
Long live our new ObiLords!