News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Not able to add new device with **5

Started by kcourtney79, April 08, 2019, 02:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcourtney79

I have a obitalk200 and recently had it all quit working.  Following directions I deleted it from my acct and did a hard reset.  Now when I go to add a device I can dial the **5 and the code but it never finds it.  When I do the **9 222-222-222 I get "there is no service available"  I can log into my obitalk from my pc and see that its online and what its doing but thats all I can do.  The help video for this problem is a dead link right now so hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

drgeoff

Until you can reach the echo test number you are wasting your time trying to add the device to the portal.

There are really only two things that stop a freshly reset to defaults OBi being able to successfully call **9 222 222 222:

1.  The echo test service being down.  I don't know if it was working when you tried it but it was working when I tried it between typing this sentence and the previous one.

2.  The Obi is not able to reach URLs on the internet.  That is completely different from the OBi being on your LAN and you being able to log in to it from a PC.

What exactly do you mean by "see that it is online"?