News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiWIFI5G Setup Mistakes

Started by LostInJersey, April 26, 2019, 04:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInJersey

Yesterday I setup the OBiWIFI5G wireless adapter after registering for VOIPo, after which I started a corresponding thread.  I cannot repeat the setup program and I am not sure I entered the correct network information.  Maybe this is a false alarm because the setup instructions for the device on Amazon said that the setup program connects automatically.  Since then I gave my devices a restart.  I still have connection even without the Ethernet cable connecting my OBi202 to my router.  However, from what I remember, the OBiWIFI5G wireless adapter should appear under the Dashboard.  Despite the fact that it appears functioning, do I have to add this wireless adapter under the Dashboard?  Thank you.

drgeoff

If you have the OBi running without an ethernet cable between it and your router and showing as 'Online' on your dashboard then the OBiWIFI5G is fine and doesn't need any further configuration.

LostInJersey

Thanks again, drgeoff.  However, since last week I signed up for service under babyTEL.  Now, one of their technicians advised me that the OBi202 has to connect to the router with a network cable or else they cannot connect with the device.  Do you know if that is possible?  I telephoned them over my Google Voice with the same wireless connection that the OBiWIFI5G makes possible.  That service is going backward.