News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV disconnected from my OBI200 last night

Started by rggg, June 10, 2019, 02:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rggg

This morning I tried to make a call via OBI-GV as usual and I get the error message "the number you dialed has not received a response from the service provider"...! 

I think I might have broken the system last night after I deleted a number of phone calls and voicemails.  I recall checking a GV security page and finding an app related to "Hangouts", which I deleted, as I had no idea what "hangouts" are and had never seen that before.  Maybe GV needs it....?

In any case, I don't know what it is or where to find it, or how to put it back in there if I could.

At this point my phone is dead, and my OBI Dashboard gives the error messages:
   SP1     "Connect Failed 403"
              "Forbidden; Token Error"

Can anyone help....?

Thanks...!

SteveInWA

Don't delete things if you don't know what you are doing!

Do this:

• Use a laptop or desktop computer's web browser.  Sign into the correct Google/Gmail account that holds your Google Voice number:  https://voice.google.com/settings.  Look at the top of the page.  Confirm that you see your Google Voice phone number.  If not, this is the wrong account.  Find the correct account.
  • Leave that browser tab open.  Press Ctrl-T to open another tab.  In that tab, sign into your OBiTALK device dashboard:  http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev.
  • Click on your device, then click on the SPx that you used to set up Google Voice.  Get past the warning about emergency calls.  You should now be on the main SP configuration page.
  • Click "Replace Google Account Credentials".  Follow the instructions.
  • After waiting patiently for the process to complete, the status of that SP should be "Connected".  It should now be able to place and receive calls.

rggg

Great instructions, Steve...!  Only took about 10 minutes to work thru them and get my phone back on line. 
Thanks a bunch...!
Gerry