News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 Call Routing

Started by VladimirM, July 24, 2019, 11:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladimirM

Hi,

I am trying to set up Obi202 to route calls from SP4 to SP1, SP2, and SP3 based on prefix. I am testing on SP4 to SP1 routing

I believe I have tried all possible combinations in SP1 DigitMap and SP4 X_InboundCallRoute with no success so far.

First, I set X_InboundCallRoute to "{(Msp1):sp1}" and played with the DigiMap:
(!911|<991:>*xx|<991:+>1xxxxxxxxxx|<991:+1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<991011:+>xx.)

I tried replacing "991" with "**9", "9**", etc. with no luck.

Then I changed DigiMap to:
(!911|*xx|<+>1xxxxxxxxxx|<+1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<011:+>xx.)

For the X_InboundCallRoute I tried
{(<991:>xx.):sp1}
{(<991:>@@.):sp1}
{(<991:>(Msp1)):sp1}

Still no fun.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,
Vladimir

azrobert

I don't understand what you are trying to do.

Service providers are defined on SP's. Phones are connected to Phone ports. Outbound calls are routed from a Phone Port to an SP. These calls can be routed to different SP's based on the number dialed.   Inbound calls are routed from an SP to a Phone Port. These calls can be routed to Phone1 or Phone2 based on CallerID.

Inbound calls can be routed to another SP based on CallerID, but an outbound number must be supplied. For example, you can route an inbound call to your cell phone using a service provider defined on a different SP, but you need to include your cell number.

Please explain exactly what you are trying to do.

azrobert

I read your post again and it looks like on outbound calls you want to remove "991" prefix and replace it with "+". Is this correct? Do you want to route these calls to SP1 or a different SP? How many service providers do you use?

Outbound routing is defined here:
Physical Interfaces -> Phone1/2 Port -> OutboundCallRoute

X_InboundCallRoute is used for routing inbound calls for that SP.

drgeoff

My interpretation of the opening post is that he is trying to configure a call-through facility.  External call comes in on SP4.  Caller then touch tone dials a prefix (eg 991, 992 or 993) followed by a phone number.  Obi then forwards the call to that number using SP1, SP2 or SP3 depending on the prefix.

VladimirM

Hi DRGeoff,

Your understanding is exactly correct.

I need to be able to route a call coming on SP4 to other three (3) SPs based on a prefix dialed. Phone ports (PHx) are not being used.

Thank you,
Vladimir

drgeoff

Quote from: VladimirM on July 25, 2019, 11:22:37 AM
Hi DRGeoff,

Your understanding is exactly correct.

I need to be able to route a call coming on SP4 to other three (3) SPs based on a prefix dialed. Phone ports (PHx) are not being used.

Thank you,
Vladimir

I have not come a firm opinion on whether or not an OBi can do what you want.

What I am sure about is that if anyone can make an OBi do it, that person is azrobert.  :)

VladimirM

Hi AZRobert,

Can you please confirm Obi202 can perform the kind of call routing I need?

Thank you,
Vladimir

azrobert

What is SP4? Are you calling service provider phone number or is it an IP or softphone?

If you are calling a phone number to reach SP4, you need to use the Auto Attendant.

VladimirM

Hi AZRobert,

SP4 is an Asterisk server. I am trying to route Asterisk outbound calls to different Obi SPs (1-3) through a single trunk connected to SP4.

Inbound from SP1, SP2, and SP3 to SP4 works as expected.

Thank you,
Vladimir

azrobert

SP4 X_InboundCallRoute:

{>(<991:>xx.):sp1},{>(<992:>xx.):sp2},{>(<993:>xx.):sp3}

Edit:

The format is:
{parm1>parm2:dest}

Parm1 is either the asterisk AuthUserID or Outbound CallerID.
Parm2 is the outbound number.
I didn't specify Parm1, so the rule will match any AuthUserID.

VladimirM

Hi AZRobert,

That made the trick.  Thank you very much.  I would have never figured out this syntax on my own.

It will be a good idea to update the "A Tutorial on Digit Maps and Call Routing for OBi Devices" p.17 with this information.

Are there any other new routing constructs introduced?  Is there any other documentation besides the one I have mentioned above?

Thank you,
Vladimir

karmapa

Hi I was trying to do the same here I have SP4 as asterix server and I want to connect to Obi SP 2,3  I tried setting the X_InboundCallRoute: to {>(<992:>xx.):sp2},{>(<993:>xx.):sp3}   are the 992 and 993 extensions?

Thanks