News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiBT set as primary line, OBi202 dies when picking up phone

Started by Xyspade, August 01, 2019, 11:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xyspade

Hi,

I have an OBi202 with the OBiBT adapter installed and paired with my cell phone (obviously).  I went to Physical Interfaces > Phone 1 Port > Phone Port > PrimaryLine and set it to OBiBlueTooth hoping the default outgoing service for the Phone 1 port would be my cell phone. 

However when I pick up the phone attached to the Phone 1 port, I hear a few clicks, meanwhile the OBi202 power light goes out while it makes a brief high-pitched squealing noise, then it reboots.

The OBi202 works perfectly fine otherwise to place and receive calls from Google Voice and the OBiTalk service itself, provided one of those is set as the PrimaryLine instead.  It also works perfectly fine to place and receive calls via BlueTooth, so long as Bluetooth is not set as the PrimaryLine.

While theoretically I could just suffer with this and dial the **8 before the call I want to make with my cell phone which is a minor inconvenience I could live with, I would be interested to find out what's causing this, be it faulty hardware or (hopefully) a fixable issue.

Let me know if you need to see any other settings on the box.  Thanks for any assistance.