News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 as a 2nd phone port for the OBi200

Started by Roddy, August 07, 2019, 03:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roddy

I would greatly appreciate your help so I can use the OBi110 as a 2nd phone port for the OBi200 to make and receive GV calls by routing calls to/from the OBi200 via SIP, using my current GV account.

Thanks,

Roddy

drgeoff

Each OBi has a unique 9 digit number, usually on a label on the underside.  If not there they are also shown on your dashboard at obitalk.com.  Make a note of your two numbers.

You need to use Expert mode to change some settings on both devices.  On your dashboard towards the right hand end of the line for each OBi do you see a cogwheel containing a red E?  If yes skip, to the next paragraph.  If no click on 'Edit profile', scroll to the bottom, tick the box 'Enable OBi Expert Entry from Dashboard' and click 'Submit'.

On the line for your OBi200, click the cogwheel with red E.  Click 'Voice Services', click 'SP1 Service'.  Find the line 'X_InboundCallRoute'.  Click as necessary to clear both tick boxes on that line.  You will then be able to modify the box which probably contains ph.  Make it contain

ph,ob(123456789)

but using the 9 digit number of your Obi110 instead of 123456789.

Click Submit at the bottom of the page and wait until your OBi200 has finished the automatic reboot. (Power LED becomes solid green and phone LED becomes solid green.)

Test that incoming calls to your GV number ring the phones on both OBis and that you can answer on either.

To enable calling from the OBi110 requires further changes to both OBis.  Need to know if the phone(s) on the 110 will only be calling via GV or if also used to call via other VoIP providers or POTS line.