News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Fax modem

Started by JOAZ, August 12, 2019, 09:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOAZ

Hello,
I would like to able to fax from my PC using existing fax modem over our VOIP network. Any suggestions on setting up the ob202?Thanks in advance.

ProfTech

If you are using Windows 10 and the built-in fax capabilities of Windows it may not be hard to set up at all. Simply set a star code in your 200 that reads "*99, Modem Call, set($Noji1,200),set($Noec1,1)" {Note I used *99, you can use something else}. Then all you have to do is set Windows fax to dial *99 [pause] before dialing the fax number. It worked like a charm for me but you have to have a solid ISP. If your internet connection is iffy it may not work. But not hard to set up and test. If you are using some other fax program YMMV.

*edited* Note this will only work to occasionally send a fax. If you need to be able to receive faxes also, this could be where the 202 might shine. You will need a dedicated fax DID number for the other phone port on the Obi and the Obi has a setting for "Fax only". A second option would be to purchase a DID for $1 per month from Callcentric and use it only to receive faxes. They will receive the fax, convert it to a pdf and email it to you for free, I think. You wouldn't need to mess with the Obi at all. Other providers may provide a similar service.