News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Audio issue - after 2-3 minutes caller cannot hear me

Started by neilio, October 01, 2011, 05:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neilio

Hi all -

I'm trying to figure out a stubborn issue with my OBI100. Basically no matter what service I use (VOIP.ms, Callcentric, Google Voice) a few minutes into the call the person I'm talking with stops hearing my voice. I can hear them fine, but they can't hear me.

In the process of trying to troubleshoot this I've tried resetting the OBI100 back to defaults and currently have it connected directly to my cable modem. When I dial ***1 on the phone the IP address the OBI returns is the public IP my ISP assigns, so there is no firewall, router, or NAT between my device and the web.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try to narrow down what's going wrong?

I've tested the line itself and it passes both pingtest.net (it gets an A) as well as VOIP quality tests. The only thing I haven't tried yet is replacing all of the cables hooking everything up — I wasn't aware that cables could cause this type of issue, but I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Any advice is appreciated!