News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

fax... I need to be able to fax once a week.

Started by Dvasquez, October 04, 2011, 07:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dvasquez

I want to use OBI device but I need to fax once a week.  Are there any options using or not using the OBI device. I want to get the OBI device but i need a solution for sending fax(s).  Also I dont want to spend $$$ or keep paying my old phone company.

Everton

I have use the OBi110, with GV on SP1 to send outgoing faxes (Multiple pages) with great success.  I had problems with incoming faxes and could only receive if I manually press the start key on the HP Fax Machine during the incoming fax (ring)!  I had the fax set at its lowest baud rate and I turn off ECM (some say this should be on).

You might have better fax success rate with a VOIP provider and minor adjustment to your SIP settings.  I also notice that if Default Ring pattern is set to "2" [1 - 10], it always triggers my Fax machine on incoming calls.  Maybe that might be a solution for the incoming problem on GV.  

Quote from: Dvasquez on October 04, 2011, 07:36:47 AM
I want to use OBI device but I need to fax once a week.  Are there any options using or not using the OBI device. I want to get the OBI device but i need a solution for sending fax(s).  Also I dont want to spend $$$ or keep paying my old phone company.