News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller ID not showing up

Started by Torino, October 05, 2011, 01:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torino

I am using OBI110 with Google Voice.  I have the OBI hooked up to the phone jack so I can use all the phones in the house.  Caller ID will show up on a ID box that has batteries but not on the phones that have the caller ID screen built in.  Does OBI not have enough power going to these phones to make the caller ID show up?

Stewart

Try changing (one at a time) RingFrequency to 25 or 30, RingVoltage to 80 or RingWaveform to Trapezoidal.  If no luck, test with one problematic phone connected directly to OBi (no house wiring).  Using a non-default Ring Pattern can cause this problem with some phones.

Torino

Quote from: Stewart on October 05, 2011, 03:58:57 AM
Try changing (one at a time) RingFrequency to 25 or 30, RingVoltage to 80 or RingWaveform to Trapezoidal. 

How do I do this?

RonR

Quote from: Torino on October 05, 2011, 11:02:39 AM
Quote from: Stewart on October 05, 2011, 03:58:57 AM
Try changing (one at a time) RingFrequency to 25 or 30, RingVoltage to 80 or RingWaveform to Trapezoidal. 
How do I do this?

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> Ringer -> RingFrequency
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> Ringer -> RingVoltage
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> Ringer -> RingWaveform

Torino

I hate to be so stupid but where do I do this at?

RonR

If you prefer to use the OBiTALK Web Portal (the more complex approach), see this post:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=458.msg2629#msg2629

If you prefer to access the OBi directly (the faster and simpler approach), log in to the OBi using the IP address returned by dialing ***1 and simply navigate to the desired settings.  The default username/password is admin/admin, but the password may have been changed by the OBiTALK Web Portal (where you can retrieve the current password).  After logging into the OBi for the first time, set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Torino

Well I can get to the page for the ringer but it will not let me change anything.  I used the expert config menu.

RonR

Quote from: Torino on October 05, 2011, 02:42:56 PM
Well I can get to the page for the ringer but it will not let me change anything.  I used the expert config menu.

It's much less confusing to configure the OBi directly.  Plus you have access to settings and status that aren't available through the OBiTALK Web Portal.

Torino

OK, I am sure by now you are pulling your hair that I am not getting this.  I think the problem is we started in the middle.  I do not see where I can log in using the IP address.  So lets start over and give me step by step directions as if I am a total dweeb, which appears I am.  Thanks in advance for your trouble.

RonR

1. Dial ***1.  The OBi should report its current IP address.

2. Place that IP address in your web browser's address line and hit return.

3. When your browser prompts for a username and password, use admin and admin (or whatever your current password is as shown on the OBiTALK Web Portal if it has been changed).

4. Using the navigation tree on the left side of the OBi's web interface, set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

You have to uncheck the Default box on any value you wish to change.

5. When all desired changes are made to a particular page, click the Submit button at the bottom.

6. When all desired changes are made to all pages, click the Reboot button at the top right.

Torino

Thanks for your patience Ron.  Got it this time.