News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to dial 911 with GV and Obi?

Started by RobertNYC, February 22, 2020, 07:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertNYC

I have the Polycom branded Obi 202. I have my former landline set up as the SP1 number, and a second GV number as the SP2 number. I have SP3 set up with yet another GV number as my FAX number. If I were to set up SP4 for 911 calling (via Anveo), how would I actually dial out to 911? Would I have to dial **4-9-1-1, or would it work simply dialing the three digits 9-1-1?

azrobert

You have to dial **4911 with the default configuration. 911 will be routed to the Primary Line.

The Phone Digit Map validates the dialed number and the Outbound Route routes it to the SP. The default configuration includes 911 in the Digit Map, but no routing and will default to the Primary Line. You need to include a simple rule in the Outbound Route to fix the problem.

Use OBi Expert and go to:
Physical Interfaces -> Phone1/2 Port
Add the following to the beginning of the OutboundCallRoute:
{911:sp4},

SteveInWA

There is no need to manually modify digit maps.  Simply use the OBiTALK web portal to configure SP4.  There is a check-box on the configuration form next to "Use this service for emergency 911 calls".  Check that box and the digit maps will be automatically and correctly updated.

In the screenshot example below, I'm using SP1 with Callcentric as my 911 service.

RobertNYC

Thank you both for your helpful replies!