News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 Bridge Feature setup

Started by Eleventh, October 09, 2011, 11:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eleventh

Hi, New here. :)

Im interested in getting the obi110. But before I do it I would like to know if a setup I have in mind is possible.

I'm located in the Philippines. I have my own google voice USA account and a local land line service
My sister who is located in California likes to call a local philippine number free of charge via Obi.
Would this be possible? calling the Obi and routing to a local number here in the Philippines? and Vice Versa?
a local phone(Philippines) calling the OBI and routed to any USA number?

Thanks and need your inputs experts.

earthtoobi

The simplest way is:
if you are using obitalk for configuration:
under trusted callers:
1. Add the california number
2. local phone that would call obi.

Make sure you have attached the localtelco service into the LINE port of Obi.

Adding a number to trusted caller list means that when they call, they will be greeted by the Attendant inside Obi. they can choose option 2(to make a new call).

so, for the Route: california->local Philippines number:
at AutoAttendant:choose option 2, and just dial the local number. (it will go through the line port by default)

for route:local philippines->USA:
call the local phonenumber(Service attached to line port)..Auto attendant would greet you.choose option 2. Now you can make a call to USA using service provider 1or 2(where ever you have google voice setup):**1 <us number> or **2<us number>.

the above is bridging via attendant.
if you want automated routing, the setup is slightly more involved.since you say that you are new, you might want to check this first and see if it works, and then get on to automated routing next.

Eleventh

Cool.

You said " for the Route: california->local Philippines number:
at AutoAttendant:choose option 2, and just dial the local number. (it will go through the line port by default)"

Would like to clarify.
will the california mobile# -> Obi(Philippines) via GV then attendant choose option 2, and just dial the local number work?

Stewart

Quote from: Eleventh on October 10, 2011, 12:05:10 AM
will the california mobile# -> Obi(Philippines) via GV then attendant choose option 2, and just dial the local number work?
There is a possibility that GV may block access from Philippines.  If you can make and receive GV calls using Gmail on your computer, then you should be fine.  If GV is blocked, you could use another VoIP service instead.

Also, note that your landline needs caller ID service, so the OBi will know which landline calls to automatically answer.  If you don't have this, calling to PH from California will still work.