News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can not make calls strange message

Started by Soulcommander, May 04, 2020, 07:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulcommander

I am not able to complete a call. This happens from time to time and clears up after a while not sure why it is happening. I get the message "The number you dialed XXXXXX has not received a response from the service provider". This time I signed in to Obitalk and went into the dashboard to see the SP1 status as offline.  Anyone have any ideas????

I tried unplugging power, waited and plugged power back in. I now get a blinking green power light and when I try to dial I get a message "Network status IP address not available please review FAQ reason 00"

drgeoff

Quote from: Soulcommander on May 04, 2020, 07:32:32 AM
I am not able to complete a call. This happens from time to time and clears up after a while not sure why it is happening. I get the message "The number you dialed XXXXXX has not received a response from the service provider". This time I signed in to Obitalk and went into the dashboard to see the SP1 status as offline.  Anyone have any ideas????

I tried unplugging power, waited and plugged power back in. I now get a blinking green power light and when I try to dial I get a message "Network status IP address not available please review FAQ reason 00"

That "The number you ..." message has several threads on these forums.

The blinking power LED and the "Network status .." message mean that your OBi does not have an IP connection to your router.  Check the ethernet cable.  If you have an OBi202 check that the cable is between its Internet (not LAN) socket and the router.

Soulcommander

Thank you someone broke the ethernet cable that was it...but as for the other message I get once in a while can you link me to those threads?  I did a search before posting and did not find anything thanks

drgeoff

Quote from: Soulcommander on May 04, 2020, 06:32:16 PM
Thank you someone broke the ethernet cable that was it...but as for the other message I get once in a while can you link me to those threads?  I did a search before posting and did not find anything thanks
Something wrong with your search technique or your eyes. For example, there are two threads on the front page of the list of threads for this very sub-forum. And three more on the first page in the "North America..." section.

Soulcommander

the derogatory comment is unnecessary I used a different combination of words to do the search. I have found the topic I'm seeking. A simple link would have sufficed

Taoman

Quote from: Soulcommander on May 05, 2020, 05:02:53 AM
A simple link would have sufficed

Your best bet when searching the Obitalk forums is to use Google search with the "site" parameter for Obitalk.com such as:

site:obitalk.com The number you