News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No effect on call forwarding by change on web portal

Started by chuntian, October 17, 2011, 06:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuntian

Hello there. I have some questions need your help on my obi110.

I am using SP1 for gvoice and SP2 for Sipgate

I tried to set call forward to my cell phone (ATT prepaid gophone) number when my phone attached is on busy or no answer after rings 6 times.

My setting up is as following,

Voice Services -> SP1(or SP2) Service ->

CallForwardOnBusyEnable   checked         
CallForwardOnBusyNumber   SP1(1xxxxxxxxxx)         
CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable   checked         
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber   SP1(1xxxxxxxxxx)         
CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount   6   

Before I tried to forward to my cell phone number, I have tried to forward to softphone ObiON on my smartphone about 3 months and seems that it worked at that time on ObiON. This time when I tried to forward to my cell phone, the forwarding seems not go through even after I delete pp(obxxxxxxxxx) on portal page.

By the way, it is great that SP1 and SP2 have different tone for me to tell which number has been called. However, SP1 rings only 2 times and then no ring any more while SP2 rings only 4 times. Is it possible to change anywhere to let it rings more?  For example, rings 6 times and then goes to voicemail?

Thanks so much ahead.

jimates

Supposedly, google voice calls only ring for 25 seconds (about 4 rings) before going to voicemail.

I use GV exclusively. My calls coming in to my Obi ring 4 times. My cell phone always rings once before my Obi phones.

My incoming calls used to ring 4 times before voicemail. They ring 5 now, started several months ago.

chuntian

Thanks. But any idea what is wrong with my setting for call forwarding?

Dav3yDark0

Quote from: chuntian on October 21, 2011, 02:11:09 PM
Thanks. But any idea what is wrong with my setting for call forwarding?

I think what jimates was trying to point out is that, at least with GV, it will go to voice mail before it gets to the 6th ring, which is what your device is configured for. This is a function of how GV works and I do not know of a way to increase the amount of time or rings that GV waits before sending the call to voice mail. What happens if you set the number of rings to 4 or 3, will the call then get forwarded?

Dave