News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Paging Problem ... Rings other phones once, no chance to talk

Started by kayrjay, September 30, 2020, 11:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kayrjay

I have four OBI1062s attached to a Grandstream UCM6202 PBX.  I had to use the expert configuration interface, but they work fine ... with one exception.

In the PBX, I have a paging group defined (at extension 1000).  When one of the OBI1062s calls that extension (via a configured line key), all the phones (including both the other OBI1062s and all the Grandstream phones) ring only once.   There is no opportunity to speak or for the other phones to hear the page.   Calling the paging group extension from any of the Grandstreams works fine.

The folks at Grandstream can't help (of course).  This is what they said, however:

The source of the issue appears to be the Obihai phone with extension 1010. Since extension 1010 is member of the same paging group, the UCM sends the call to the Obihai phone.  I believe it has paging priority enabled and that is why it answers with 200OK instead of Busy Here. A second later, the same phone cancels the call with CANCEL as shown in the screenshot attached.

So, how do I properly configure the OBI1062s and/or the PBX so that I can page from the OBI1062?   Thanks in advance!