News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 200 - can't get ip address, and other issues

Started by tsheehan7, October 26, 2020, 06:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsheehan7

Recently my obi device stopped working for an unknown reason.  It would not make or receive calls.  I followed Steve's instructions here http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.0, but that's where I'm really stuck.

I have successfully performed the factory reset, but I still see the power light flashing at 1 second intervals.  When dialing the **5 xxxx number I get the message that there's no ip address.

I've tried connected directly to the modem, rebooting the modem, router, and obi device in sequence, but no luck.

I've read many posts recommending DHCP or static ip, but the problem there is that the device doesn't show up in my router's software, so I can't choose it and assign it anything.  Also, since I followed Steve's instructions above, there's no longer a device in my dashboard, which means I can't get any information about what's going on.

Where do I go from here?

drgeoff

tsheehan7

Quote from: drgeoff on October 27, 2020, 02:28:38 AM
Have you tried another ethernet cable?

Sorry, yes. I've replaced the cable with a brand new, never used cable.  I've also read posts where people have accidentally plugged the cable into the wrong port, but the Obi 200 only has one port so that's not my problem.

drgeoff

A solid green Power LED is fundamental.  Pointless to try configuring until that is achieved.

1.  Dial ***8 and follow the prompts to reset the OBi to default settings.  (That ensures it is set to get an IP address by DHCP.)

2.  Connect one end of a known good ethernet cable to the OBi200.

3.  Connect the other end of the ethernet cable to a known working LAN port on a router.

4.  Consult the router's documentation and check its DHCP server is enabled.

5.  Power cycle the router.

6.  Wait 3 minutes.

7.  Power cycle the OBi200.

8.  If within 1 minute the Power LED of the OBi200 has not become and remained solid green, the OBi200 is faulty.  Replacement is the only viable fix.

tsheehan7

Quote from: drgeoff on October 27, 2020, 09:28:21 AM
A solid green Power LED is fundamental.  Pointless to try configuring until that is achieved.

1.  Dial ***8 and follow the prompts to reset the OBi to default settings.  (That ensures it is set to get an IP address by DHCP.)

2.  Connect one end of a known good ethernet cable to the OBi200.

3.  Connect the other end of the ethernet cable to a known working LAN port on a router.

4.  Consult the router's documentation and check its DHCP server is enabled.

5.  Power cycle the router.

6.  Wait 3 minutes.

7.  Power cycle the OBi200.

8.  If within 1 minute the Power LED of the OBi200 has not become and remained solid green, the OBi200 is faulty.  Replacement is the only viable fix.

This process still yielded the flashing green light.  I have contacted the manufacturer since I'm still in warranty.