News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200 using backup sip server

Started by dcain47, November 12, 2020, 09:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcain47

I am currently trying to setup my OBI200 to place calls through a primary and backup sip server.  I have an asterisk server A: 192.168.1.1 and backup asterisk server B: 192.168.2.1

In the event that server A is unavailable, I need my extension to register and calls to be routed to server B. 

Can i get ITSP A to try use backup server IP address?  Or a way to us SP2 if SP1 is not registered?  I dont currently have a DNS server. 

dcain47

Nvm I think I solved this!   After going digging through the guide a bit more, I found that its possible to set local DNS settings in the OBI under WAN settings.  

I set the following....
my.callcenter.local=192.168.1.1,192.168.2.1

Then set my proxyserver to my.callcenter.local

Was able to register to the backup PBX when the primary was down.

azrobert

Another method is to use a trunk Group. Register Server A to SP1 and Server B to SP2. NoRegNoCall will cause an immediate fail over to SP2 when SP1 is down. If SP1 is still registered, but Server A is having problems the OBi will try to complete the call for the numbers of seconds TimerB is set at. The default is 32 seconds. Set it to a lower number.

Service Providers ITSP A SIP -> TimerB: 5000 (?)

Voice Services -> SP1 Service: X_NoRegNoCall: Checked

Voice Services -> Gateways and TGs -> Trunk Group 1
Trunk List: sp1,sp2
DigitMap: (Msp1)

Phone Primary Line: Trunk Group 1