News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

202 using cell phone hotspot

Started by randyv, December 10, 2020, 09:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randyv

In my vehicle, I have an all in one printer and I need to fax from it. 

Currently I scan to PDF to my laptop and use a paid($16/month) efax service to send/"fax" someone.

I want to connect my printer/fax via phone line to OBI202, connect OBI202 via wifi or blutooth to my cell phone, use my cell phone hotspot as internet.

I think this can be done via BT dongle.  Am I correct? Would the connection be stable enough?

I tried USB tethering but it did not work.

SteveInWA

No, that's not going to work.  If you could even get a connection at all, it would be far from stable enough to survive faxing even one page.

Please delete all of your duplicate posts.

drgeoff

Quote from: randyv on December 10, 2020, 09:59:11 PM
In my vehicle, I have an all in one printer and I need to fax from it. 

Currently I scan to PDF to my laptop and use a paid($16/month) efax service to send/"fax" someone.

I want to connect my printer/fax via phone line to OBI202, connect OBI202 via wifi or blutooth to my cell phone, use my cell phone hotspot as internet.

I think this can be done via BT dongle.  Am I correct? Would the connection be stable enough?

I tried USB tethering but it did not work.

Better, but not guaranteed, chance of working using OBiWIFI/OBiWIFI5G to connect Obi202 to cellphone hotspot.