News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Add Device Failed?

Started by LoneStarState, February 04, 2021, 10:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoneStarState

I've spent several days just repeatedly trying to add device.  I have done such 1000's upon 1000's of times literally, often for hours at a time.  The system servers acknowledge my **5 #### telling me number **5 #### had been sent to the server but that's it.  The Echo test works fine.  Are there any suggestions anyone has come across such as to try a certain time of day or some other thing I can attempt?  I'm really feeling I have been ripped off and deceived by Obi. Certainly, they cant expect their new customers to just sit and attempt to get their servers to respond to a device they have marketed as ready for the consumer market with basically plug and play setup.  If they can't or won't fix their server's problems why do they keep selling these devices to new customers?  Surely there is another method to be able to use the Obi202 as it is marketed and sold as.

Hermans

Can not agree with you more.
The fact that Polycom has no ETA on a fix is absurd.

Abdullahi

Quote from: Hermans on February 05, 2021, 06:06:51 AM
Can not agree with you more.
The fact that Polycom has no ETA on a fix is absurd.

pawliewalnut

You guys got any update on this, i have the same problem.
This device has become a nightmare to install.

Even went through and put the device in DMZ so it wouldn't be blocked.
Also changed the DNS server to 4.2.2.2

This is a Joke

JDObi

So my add device attempts have always timed out, but I do get the following screen on my dashboard:

Rest assured I have the Obi200. It is white, so I guess it's an older one. Anyway, if I have an assigned number but it won't let me add Google Voice, have I added the device?

SteveInWA

There are no white OBi 200s.  The original models had a dark gray top and a off-white sides and bottom.  The first three digits of their OBi numbers are in the 500 range.  Models that start with a 200 range number are OBi 100 or 110 products.

Click the "OBi Dashboard" link on the left side of that page.  Delete the OBi 100/110 device.  Then, if you truly do have a 200, click "Add device" to add your 200.

drgeoff

Quote from: SteveInWA on February 11, 2021, 12:15:53 PM
There are no white OBi 200s.  The original models had a dark gray top and a off-white sides and bottom.  The first three digits of their OBi numbers are in the 500 range.  Models that start with a 200 range number are OBi 100 or 110 products.

Click the "OBi Dashboard" link on the left side of that page.  Delete the OBi 100/110 device.  Then, if you truly do have a 200, click "Add device" to add your 200.
I think the 290 number on JDObi's dashboard is his softphone number and he/she has not successfully added any OBi, just updated the name from "Softphone" to "My OBi200".

There is a 9 digit number on labels on both the underside of the OBi and the box it came in.  Until that number appears on the dashboard the OBi has not been added.

JDObi

OK, an update. Yes my Obi 200 is grey not white, my bad.  :-\

After trying to add my Obi a billion times, I finally sent a snotty e-mail to Obitalk. They responded quite quickly, and gave me the usual "keep trying" BS. BUT after I tried to add a couple of times, it worked. This is very suspicious and suggests they might have some monkey over there doing these adds by hand.

Anyway, I successfully added a Google Voice # and a 911. however it might be ringing on the associated mobile number (this is for my dad and he wasn't present when I did this). We'll see tomorrow.