News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 202 - please delete this first post

Started by greasyspoon, February 13, 2021, 08:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greasyspoon

please delete

N7AS

Please do not post the same question more than once. Please remove your duplicate post.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

drgeoff

Quote from: greasyspoon on February 13, 2021, 08:28:26 PM
The sad thing about technology - it does what it's told until the software/firmware no longer updates ...

perhaps the Obi 202 purchased in 2012 has reached it's expiration? Had no problem until 2015 - don't remember why I purchased another Obi 202 in 2016. Obi from 2016 in use until 2019 ... now in a storage unit waiting to be discovered. As for the 2013 purchase - it was reset via the 'reset' button on the bottom on the device. The device was removed from from dashboard & account and the added again.
     The Google Voice did finally configure and connect to Line 1/ SP 1.   I discovered that this was a bit of a pain until my VPN was disconnected.

I have a solid green for indication of internet, I did have no problem with dialing **1 and obtaining the IP Address. I had no problems with succeeding at dialing ***6 ?, and requesting an update - to then be disappointed with the voice prompt informing me a software update is not available.

So, the website, the dashboard, the sign in with using Gmail, and, adding Google Voice on SP1- Line 1 AND adding a separate Google Voice number, Google Voice account to SP2/Line 2 --- no problem ... no 'backing off' message, no connection error message.

Here's my belief and suspicion - my pocket WiFi, WiFi hot spot does not have a functional-edit capable menu. I think/assume that my wifi device providing internet access to the residence is the issue/the problem

I may take it somewhere that has a full size 'router' that has a connection to the world wide web via a cable tv internet modem or a fiber optic cable modem - or - if it's beyond help, the 10 pound sledge hammer is making a new friend - motivation for me to find it's brother/sister in the storage unit & retrieve it from it's slumber.

looking forward to a message or two asking me to try a few commands/instructions via signing into the device via the web page found if I were to find the devices IP address.
Can you successfully reach the echo test number **9 222 222 222 ?

drgeoff

If you can reach the Obitalk echo test then is nothing intrinsically wrong with your OBi's connection via your router to the internet.  Also it is very unlikely that there is a hardware problem with your OBi or the phone plugged into it.  So that leaves your GV account and your OBi's config for GV.

Describe in detail what happens when you attempt to call out.

Describe in detail what the caller experiences when trying to call you.

SteveInWA

Quote from: greasyspoon on February 14, 2021, 12:11:51 PM

I did sign in to my Google Voice and made sure the box was checked to allow google voice to forward/transfer/ or simultaneous ring. My 'devices' on my Google Account reflects 'Web", an 'android' device', and an apple device.

If you don't see an entry for your "OBiTALK device" on the Google Voice settings page (https://voice.google.com/u/0/settings), then you did not configure Google Voice on that device.  If the OBiTALK dashboard (www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev) doesn't show one of the SPx slots with a status of "Connected" to Google Voice, then that's the problem.  If you see it, but you don't see a corresponding entry on your Google Voice settings page, then you configured the wrong Google account.

The other unusual item or nuance, while using Chrome Browser on my Chromebook during the sign in process ...a web page pops up with an error symbol. I think/guess/assume it is adobe flash creating content. I believe/assume this adobe or adobe flash content is meant to be seen, is probably an important 'authorization' request that takes place, but, is not selected due to being blocked by the browser.

What "sign in process", exactly?  What "error symbol"?  Google Voice doesn't use Adobe Flash.  In fact, nobody does any more; Adobe finally killed it.  Post a screenshot of what you are seeing. On a Chromebook, press shift+ctrl+the show desktop key (the key above the 6) to capture a screenshot.

SteveInWA

The grayed-out window with the error symbol in it indicates that it couldn't contact that page at Google.  You probably may have set up some sort of blocking on Google domains.

If the OBiTALK device can display that page, there is nothing wrong with it (it did not get physically damaged by a power issue).