News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SOLVED: Echo Test And Registration Failure on Previously Working OBI202

Started by TechCowboy, February 25, 2021, 09:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechCowboy

I could use some help here.  My OBI202 has been working flawlessly with GV for the past five years.  I live in TX, and with the rolling blackouts last week, the device stopped working. I did a reset and that did not work so I removed the device from my account and attempted to set it up again.

At this point, I get dead air when I attempt to connect to the echo test @ #99 222 222 222. When I try to dial the **5 number, I get a recording that says "The number you have dialed has been sent to the server".

I don't think it is a networking issue since it was working previously, but for grins I added the devices IP to the DMZ...no love. UPNP is on and all the other settings are correct.

Is it possible that the 222 number is not working?  I have seen reports of the **5 having issues.  Any other suggestions?  I read through the forum for an hour looking for a solution and see that most people have no problem with the Echo Test.

I also ordered a new obi202 from Amazon thinking that the old one got fried. It has the exact same problem. Any help is appreciated.

TechCowboy

I finally got the echo test working. I ended up changing my DNS at the router from OPEN DNS to Google. I then did the same on the obi202.

Now when attempting the **5 call to add the device back to the account, I still get the "sent to the server" message.

Any ideas?

drgeoff

1. The echo test number is **9 222 222 222, which is not what  you have written above.

2. There is a known issue  with the **5nnnn procedure failing to add a device. Many posts with explicit titles.

TechCowboy

drgeoff...you are correct on point 1.  It was late and I was tired.  I did dial the correct information, i just typed it wrong in the post.

To your point #2. I deduced that from the posts which is why I reached out to support.  They were able to manually register my device.  They also gave me this website which shows outages and maintenance. Maybe others will find this useful.

https://status.obitalk.com

Oddly enough, it shows no outages today but registration by phone was still unsuccessful.

Once the device was manually registered, I set up Goole Voice and E911 without issue.

jwill370

At least for me Support would not manually add my new OBi212.

"We regret to inform that we will not be able to add because of security reason."

They provided a link to some ports that may need opened. Suggested "disable ALG on your router". Try putting the device in the routers DMZ during registration.  And mostly to try over and over with "I want to configure Google Voice on this device" unchecked.

Echo test worked and I could get it to work with Callcentric and my already registered OBi110 was working so I don't think there were any router issues.  Just incase it was a port problem I took to putting the OBi212 into the DMZ on my router whenever I attempted to register with **5.  After many tries at various times over 3 days it finally went through.  I was then able configure Google Voice.