News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

I Just set up my new OBi1022 phone using GV, but I cannot make calls

Started by RobertHeller, February 27, 2021, 12:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertHeller

I just set up my new phone using my existing Google Voice number, but the line status light is orange and I cannot make calls.  I think I set everything up, but something is (obviously) missing.  What do I need to do? When I go to setting and select Voice Services, SP1 is shown as: Down, ITSP Profile A, ${DSN}_1.  Everthing *looks* on my OBi Dashboard, but I don't really know what to check.  Please help!

drgeoff

Quote from: RobertHeller on February 27, 2021, 12:37:48 PM
I just set up my new phone using my existing Google Voice number, but the line status light is orange and I cannot make calls.  I think I set everything up, but something is (obviously) missing.  What do I need to do? When I go to setting and select Voice Services, SP1 is shown as: Down, ITSP Profile A, ${DSN}_1.  Everthing *looks* on my OBi Dashboard, but I don't really know what to check.  Please help!
The orange LED signifies that something is wrong with your setup,

RobertHeller

How do I figure out what is wrong?  The status says it is down. What do I need to do to bring it up? What should I be looking for?  How do I troubleshoot this?  I am considering packing up the phone and sending it back.  I just does not seem to work and I am thinking it is a very expensive piece of junk!

drgeoff

Quote from: RobertHeller on February 28, 2021, 05:42:30 AM
How do I figure out what is wrong?  The status says it is down. What do I need to do to bring it up? What should I be looking for?  How do I troubleshoot this?  I am considering packing up the phone and sending it back.  I just does not seem to work and I am thinking it is a very expensive piece of junk!
If you dial **9 222 222 222 and hear "Welcome to Obitalk and ..." the phone is working.

Suggest you delete the GV configuration and do it again being sure to follow instructions to the letter.  Do NOT remove the phone from your dashboard.

RobertHeller

OK, I just went to delete and redo the set up, and it appears to have "fixed itself", without me doing anything.  Weird....