News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New setup

Started by savasral, March 03, 2021, 05:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savasral

Fresh setup - I am unable to get past this step in order to setup with my google voice. When I try making calls, it says gateway not setup. Clicking on the cogwheel on the dashboard brings me to this page where I dont have any actions to perform and not even to delete.
I am able to hear back my voice when I call the number they provided to test the connection though

drgeoff

That softphone is not your OBi device. You need to use the **5 nnnn procedure to add your OBi to your dashboard. However that process often fails because the Obihai servers are not 100% functional.

savasral

Quote from: drgeoff on March 04, 2021, 02:15:32 AM
That softphone is not your OBi device. You need to use the **5 nnnn procedure to add your OBi to your dashboard. However that process often fails because the Obihai servers are not 100% functional.
Thank for your response - you are right, the **5 XXXX was not doing anything and the process is timing out. Can you please suggest what my options are at the moment. I am at the same time unable to understand since the softphone is showing up, does it mean the **5 process will not work anymore ?

drgeoff

Regarding the softphone see my post http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=18003.msg107330#msg107330.

Regarding the **5 nnnn procedure read some of the threads with titles containing phrases like "unable to add".  The official advice from OBi support is to keep trying.  Many people report eventual success though it may require many, many attempts.

savasral

Quote from: drgeoff on March 04, 2021, 09:38:12 AM
Regarding the softphone see my post http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=18003.msg107330#msg107330.

Regarding the **5 nnnn procedure read some of the threads with titles containing phrases like "unable to add".  The official advice from OBi support is to keep trying.  Many people report eventual success though it may require many, many attempts.
Awesome, just as you suggested made multiple tries and it finally went through. I am all setup - thank you for your suggestion.