News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Changed ISP and added WiFi dongle. Pfffft...

Started by ShePointsIDig, April 30, 2021, 10:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShePointsIDig

Just opened up my summer place where I have a second OBI200 with Google Voice. Have a standard landline phone connected to the OBI200 via the RJ-11 jack. My primary residence has the same setup with the same account and same GV phone number.

Previously, the summer place was connected via ethernet through my own router to my own ISP and it worked perfectly. Call out, receive calls, registered for E911 with Callcentric. Shuttled back and forth between primary and summer seamlessly (transferred E911 address at each end). Life was good.

Now the summer place has a new ISP on a community WiFi with no ethernet connection available.

I added a USB WiFi dongle to the OBI200, and successfully connected to the new WiFi (WPA secure), did the talk-back test successfully.

1. Can't place calls. "...[number called] has not received a response from the service provider."
2. When I call the GV phone number (which is still active at the other house) from my cell phone it goes to voice mail with my greeting, and will record my voice mail.
3. The Device Configuration page on my account looks correct.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Art