News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dropped Calls/Intermittent Quality Issues

Started by telxoid, November 10, 2011, 12:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

telxoid

Hi, having some issues with dropped calls and intermittent call quality issues using GV.  I'm running the latest GA firmware.

I've Comcast cable modem, and a Netscreen 5GT firewall running V6.2 software, and prioritizing everything coming from the OBI at his highest priority.  I don't see any dropped packets to Google when doing a ping.

I've seen some stuff about port forwarding, but I didn't think that should be necessary.  Is it?  What outbound ports/protocols/destinations need to be allowed from the OBI?

Need some assistance debugging this.  My wife is about ready to throw the OBI out the window. 

Thanks!

virtualy

Bump...because I am having exactly this problem with a 202.  I am 7 replies into an email customer support string, having jumped through all the suggested hoops except hauling my setup to another network to sit and make calls.  I need to know if this is a common problem or if I need to exchange my unit for another.

Any replies/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Shale

No dropped packets when pinging google? How many packets are you doing? Try pinging a site continuously to look for lost packets. Remember that you have now said the problem is intermittent.