News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi2182 doesn't work after connection

Started by PeterSouthampton, October 26, 2021, 05:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterSouthampton

I managed to connect my new OBi2182 to my Wifi and to google voice. It rings when I get a call, but when I pick up I hear nothing neither the caller when I speak.
The same when I call: I hear it ringing (in my handset) but when the the other person picks up the line seems to be dead.
What can that be?

ostridge

Quote from: PeterSouthampton on October 26, 2021, 05:13:44 PM
I managed to connect my new OBi2182 to my Wifi and to google voice. It rings when I get a call, but when I pick up I hear nothing neither the caller when I speak.
The same when I call: I hear it ringing (in my handset) but when the the other person picks up the line seems to be dead.
What can that be?
1   Start by opening your routers web config page. look for anything that looks like 'Sip Alg' and disable it
2   Set NAT = yes or whatever equivalent in your phone or PBX or whatever may be blocking access to media RTP ports
2 Do some debugging
   Open the obi2182 web interface and log in
   System Mangement/Device Admin/Packet Capture   
       select    On checkbox
       select   the interface Primary (default);  eth0;  or wlan0 or whatever on the dropdown after deselect default value
       select storage medium
       RestartCaptureOnReboot  select checkbox
Submit changes ;  wait a bit while saving and then click reboot  (phone)

Let phone run for a bit make a call or two.
To access the saved debu info goto

In System Management / Device Update / Extracting PCAP Capture Result  and click extract to view the Pcap capture.

For help post results here or elsewhere and someone may see it.