News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Bypass AA password - Updated

Started by ProfTech, November 20, 2011, 04:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfTech

Was wondering if there is a way to use caller ID to bypass the PIN # when using the Auto Attendant. In other words, when caller 4171234567 hits the AA I want him to be able to press 2 and make an outgoing call without entering the PIN. When all other callers hit the AA I want to require the PIN to place a call. Is there a way to do this?

Updated my question: I will only have two obihai numbers that I will set to go to the Obihai AA. All other callers get an error message, disconnect, whatever. That way I don't need a pin. What do I put in the Obitalk service InboundCallRoute to accomplish this? Some variation of (111111111|222222222):aa

obi-support2

To the first question, there is no way to achieve that at the moment; all callers will require PIN when hitting the AA if PIN is enabled. It would require a new feature on the OBi.

For the updated question, it should be achievable with something like this:

{(11111111|22222222):aa},{?|@:}

NOTE: the () in the 1st rule is not necessary (but ok) for hard-coded numbers; until
you want to replace the hard-coded numbers with digitmap rules, like (1xxxxxxx|2xxxxxx.)
OBIHAI Support Staff