News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to get auto attendant to answer all calls

Started by anzz, November 24, 2011, 09:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anzz

I have this issue

Instructions say that in the device configuration options on obitalk.com for my Obi110 should have an option for "All calls to be answered by Obi attendant". This option is missing / not see in my menu.

IF I change the "inboundCallRoute" to {aa} in the web interface of my device, then that change does not stick as when the obitalk provisioning occurs, it changes back to {ph}.

If I try to change this from the expert configuration menu at obitalk.com, it will not let me make changes to the "inboundCallRoute" field.

Please advise how I can have autoattendant answer all calls and yet retain my obitalk Provisioning. Why do I not see the option to have all call answered by attendant in the obitalk device configuration menu (at obitalk.com). Thanks

rastoma

2.5 years and 888 views and no reply?  I was looking for this same option and would think quite a few people would like to know this.

So is this possible?

HDFLucky

This may have been an issue at the time, but it certainly isn't now. Just use Expert mode to change the appropriate sp InboundCallRoute to {aa} (after unchecking the two adjacent check boxes), or include it in the "Oleg method" (e.g., {>(xxxxxxxxxx):aa}, where xxxxxxxxxx = AuthUserName). You'll probably want to change at least the greeting prompt and set a strong password if AA will be answering 100% of the time.

Shale

Quote from: rastoma on July 14, 2014, 07:29:09 PM
2.5 years and 888 views and no reply?  I was looking for this same option and would think quite a few people would like to know this.

So is this possible?
There are a lot of things possible. For example, you could set it up so that calls from anybody but a specified list of callers goes to AA. It seems like that would not be wanted by many, but it it could be implemented.

Rastoma, you are not going to tell us that you would like all calls to go through AA, are you? I guess you could use that as a call screener against robocalls-- where a caller would have to press 1 to ring through. Hmmm, maybe that would be popular.