News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to setup obi110 with Google Voice and Local pots line?

Started by fastscirocco, November 25, 2011, 06:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastscirocco

Have my obi 110 up and running, but it is routing all calls through Google Voice.
I want to set it up so the local calls go through my pots line and long distance calls are routed to Google Voice.

How do I do this?

Thanks

RonR

Assuming Google Voice is configured on SP1...

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap:

([2-9]11|[2-9]xxxxxxS4|<**11>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**1>1xxxxxxxxxx)

infin8loop

Quote from: RonR on November 25, 2011, 06:43:03 PM
Assuming Google Voice is configured on SP1...

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap:

([2-9]11|[2-9]xxxxxxS4|<**11>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**1>1xxxxxxxxxx)

Does the third rule in the above DigitMap, ie: <**11>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx, assume that dialed 10 digit numbers are long distance?  In my market there are at least 3 different area codes that usually are not long distance and 10 digit dialing is required for all local calls. To further complicate the process there are at least two area codes in an adjacent market that are normally long distance and would require a leading "1" but if the number is a metro number it can be dialed as a local 10 digit number.   In this case I think I'd omit the third rule and the fourth rule would handle long distance numbers dialed with a leading "1".  On the other hand, I could be missing something.
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

Stewart

I believe that you want something like
([2-9]11|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**1>1xxxxxxxxxx)
which would send 10-digit calls via POTS and 11-digit calls via GV.  You probably would also want to add a default for international.

infin8loop

Thanks Stewart.  I missed the part about the second rule needing to be changed to handle 10 digits instead of 7 digits.   
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher